1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Report: Former Lions WR Titus Young arrested again

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by joseephuss, Jul 14, 2014.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,955 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...rt-former-lions-wr-titus-young-arrested-again

Report: Former Lions WR Titus Young arrested again

Troubled former Lions receiver Titus Young was arrested last week on another felony charge, this time battery with serious bodily injury, reports the Detroit Free Press. He is currently in custody at a Los Angeles correctional facility. Bail is set at $105,000.

The arrest came on July 9, a day before Young was scheduled to appear at a pretrial hearing in Newport Beach, Calif., where he is facing four felonies and seven other criminal charges. In May 2013, Young, 24, was arrested four times -- including three times in one week -- and his father indicated at the time that Young suffered from a brain disorder and needed medical help.

The NFL said that it tried to provide Young with that help when he was a member of the Lions but that the wide receiver declined it.
  2. bounce

bounce Active Member

719 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Now it's just sad. The guy can't even help himself anymore.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    We dodged a bullet there.
    DFWJC likes this.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,955 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    Didn't seem like that difficult of a bullet to dodge. Based on his trouble history at Boise St, it wasn't a difficult choice for teams to pass on him. There were even more reasons for teams not to sign him after he was cut by the Lions or after his 9 days with the Rams.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    Ahhh yes. I remember seeing some calling for this guy just knowing that coming to Dallas would make the bonehead stop being a bonehead.
    casmith07 likes this.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    He is another one that doesn't get it.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Well, if he truly does have some type of brain disorder, that's a bit harsh.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received

if he does have something. Depends on what it is. But I doubt it is really a great excuse. supposedly he has refused help on several occasions.

You cannot fix stupid.
    casmith07 likes this.
  9. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Easy to just call the guy a knucklehead, but he obviously requires serious mental help.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Felonyitis?
    CCBoy likes this.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Something wrong with him.

He needs an evaluation. IIRC, he doesn't have the typical troubled upbringing. I think his dad is a minister and apparently there was an instance where he claimed he had to get his phone from his car and walked out the front door of his parents home and never came back. Ended up arrested a short while later.

That's not rational behavior.