1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick PFT but vick not invo

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 25, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 25, 2010 1:41 PM ET
    The news that a man was shot at a 30th birthday party for Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has taken a twist, with reports that Quanis Phillips, one of the co-defendants in the infamous dog fighting case that landed Vick in prison, was the victim in the shooting, and that he was shot after a confrontation with Vick.

The Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Virginia reports that a spokesman for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital confirmed that Phillips was admitted early this morning and was listed in good condition.

A spokesman for Virginia Beach police said the shooting occurred around 2:10 a.m. after a fight broke out at the club where Vick was having a birthday party, just as the club was closing.

According to Daily Press reporter David Squires, Phillips showed up to the party even though Vick is not supposed to be associating with any of his dog fighting co-defendants.

Squires writes that there was a confrontation between Phillips and Vick inside the party, that the confrontation then moved outside, and that's when Phillips was shot.

Vick's lawyer, Larry Woodward, says Vick was not involved and was not present when the shooting occurred.

According to the Daily Press report, there were witnesses who "don't want it to be known if they were witnesses." Police say the victim and witnesses were uncooperative.

In 2004, Vick was present when Phillips allegedly stole a Rolex watch from an airport X-ray belt.
  2. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,853 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Hmmmmm.

The music may change but the band keeps on playing.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,996 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    :eek: I'm shocked :laugh2:
  4. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,014 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Gee, what a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was pacman there too!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Goodell would like to have a word with you Vick
  5. DMOB

DMOB Member

476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What a piece of ****.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,497 Messages
    2,007 Likes Received
    Stay classy, Philly.
  7. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,714 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Perfect fit for the Eagles. Classy organization and city. Great group of fans as well...

:laugh2:
  8. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,384 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    amazing.

Of course, Vick will say that the dispute began when he told Q that he was not allowed there because he (vick) is not allowed to associate wit him (Q).

Guns, a gunshot wound, a nightclub, a fight, consorting with the wrong kind.

Poor Vick. Trouble just follows him, huh?
  9. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,320 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    I'm not sure Vick deserves any comdemnation. It sounds like Phillips crashed the party. OTOH, who is Vick associating with that not only carries a gun but is willing to shoot someone?
  10. Doomsday101

74,996 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    I agree. If these people were his friends they would not be putting him in these situations. If I was Vick I would look for some new friends.
  11. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,384 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Not to mention a new career.
  12. Doomsday101

74,996 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    The job he has now pays better than flipping burgers.
    Anyways he is a Wildcat QB good for 3 or 4 plays a game, not a bad gig if you can find one.
  13. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,714 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I don't know the details of Vicks parole but in most cases convicted felons (Vick) are not allowed to associate with other felons. Someone is his crew was packing and shot this guy. Odds are that someone who carries a gun into a club and shots someone has been in trouble with the law before.

Vick is in serious trouble. His career could be over as a result.
  14. Doomsday101

74,996 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    True which is why his lawyer is saying Vick was not even there when it happened. Maybe that is true maybe not I'm sure law enforcement will look into that given the fact no one is talking I would think Vick will beat this rap. The league on the other hand does not conduct matters in the same way.
  15. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,167 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Manson wasn 't actually "there" when the killings went down either. But I think its safe to assume he had some involvement.

Just sayin.
  16. Doomsday101

74,996 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    Yeah well if 3 wacked out chicks start saying Mike told us to do it then you may be on to something. :laugh2:
  17. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vick is hard of learning.

If you're on probation, and in Goodell's doghouse, (no pun intended), you don't have your birthday party at a club at 2 a.m.
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,290 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Was it one of Andy Reid's kids?
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    It would really suck for Vick if that guy showed up uninvited and caused all of this.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    Goodell will suspend Michael Vick, is my prediction. He did the same for Pacman Jones when he was around a shooting incident but wasn't the shooter.