1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RG3 suffers knee injury late in game

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by bula, Dec 9, 2012.

1. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Draft time it wasn't even a question- I want Luck.

But damn has Russell Wilson been impressive this season. If he was 6'2 he is a top 3 pick in April.

Right now I am extremely pleased with RG3, couldn't be happier. He has to learn to slide much better and not expose his legs the way he did yesterday or else his career will be done in 2 seasons. If he does that he'll be just fine.

What was most impressive with RG3 yesterday was on one leg in obvious pass situations on that last drive he made 2 very clutch throws in a row, 1 for 15 yards the other for 22 before collapsing. The Ravens knew all he could do is pass and he still made those plays
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,833 Messages
    5,390 Likes Received
    All three QBs have been excellent their rookie year. It would be insane to say otherwise. It's a changing NFL.

I'll say this for Griffin - If he can develop in the pocket as Shanahan takes the training wheels off, he'll be a top QB in the league. But that's a very big if. Vick had the same situation. Imagine Vick with the ability to sit back in the pocket and pick apart defenses. It would be unfair. Newton's another. Great initial success as a rookie. Didn't develop yet as a pro passer and his production has dipped.

Of the three QBs, the one who is most likely to build on the success is Andrew Luck. Clearly. The guy is running a pro style offense with a ton of rookies on the field. Barring injury, he's on the fast track to being one of the elite QBs in the league and there isn't one GM in football that wouldn't choose him of the three.
  3. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    What evidence do we have that Griffin can't run a more traditional, hands under center, dropping back, going through professions offense? None. Not one shred of evidence. Against the Giants, he had two passes from under center and they were both completions. Anything else is simply speculation, or wishful thinking.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,832 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    What evidence do you have that he can? Two whole passes?

I wont believe it till I see it.
  5. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What evidence do we have that he can run a pro-style offense?
  6. SkinsHokieFan

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Because its what the Redskins run, just with a pistol formation added in there...

Don't take my word for it, take it from a Superbowl winning QB (Dilfer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Feja9zmoBdM
  7. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,566 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    See, this is the difference between you and me. I don't wish injury on any player. I have a lot of respect for Witten and Ware -- they're great players - any fan of the NFL can see that. I wanted Dez to flame out - and I thought he was going to, given his personality. However, he has really put together a great year. I wish failure on the Cowboys, not injury. There is a huge difference.

Except you're celebrating Griffin's injury.

I don't expect anything from you on here.

Why because he doesn't throw the ball 50 times a game? This statement shows you know nothing about what Kyle Shanahan has installed in Washington. Nothing.

I am sure of it...:rolleyes:

And I am fine with that, so long as the come with something that hasn't already been debunked (Vick 2.0, gimmick college offense). Come with a good reason, and not a home-board troll gimmick, and I'll listen. Otherwise you're tr1.

Because you're not capable of it. I am just here b/c I love to debate. I have no intention of convincing anyone of anything. Plus, I like talking to other fans who know football, especially rival fans. There are many fans on here I respect their opinion. It helps me take a different view.

Maybe you're right. Maybe Griffin is a one-year wonder. However, there is nothing you've stated that points to it. Everything you've stated has been disproven already.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,172 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    I hope he's ok. That looked like a very serious injury on the replay.
  9. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I think the fact that he is in about as excellent shape as it is possible for a Human Being to be in will help.

I was telling my co-worker who is a Skins fan that he is going to get crushed one of these days.
  10. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I am not the one speculating that he can't. I believe the Pistol has been employed because they would like to take advantage of his mobility, which as worked, and because our offensive line actually pretty bad. Every dropback Griffin had this season he hasn't had a clean pocket, and has thrown passes under duress or had to scramble.

Best case scenario, the offense won't need to use the pistol formation/exposing RG3 so much in the future. As the offensive line improves, hopefully adding a new RT and a better RG this offseason, the Pistol can be used less, making the offense that more dangerous.
  11. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    They are saying it's a class 1 sprain. He may not miss any time. I think, time will tell, that every one of these hits is a learning curve to him learning to slide or get out of bounds. Of course he has to survive to that point. I would not be surprised to see him take that very seriously in the off-season and next year we see a different man, as he understands the distance and space needed to get down.
  12. SkinsHokieFan

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    The pistol doesn't "expose" RG3 to anymore hits and certainly doesn't limit the offense.

IMO it expands what can be done since you have the downhill impact of the running back lined up behind the QB but also the advantage of the QB out from under center and able to scan the field.

In 5 years it'll be part of a "conventional NFL offense" In the 1970s and '80s the shotgun was "gimmicky" Hell Gibbs refused to use it back in 2004 until Musgrave came along in 2005.
  13. BoysFan4ever

4,172 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    Hasn't he had knee surgery before?
  14. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,566 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Yes, in college. Tore an ACL in the same knee.
  15. BoysFan4ever

4,172 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    Thanks. Well I sure don't like the Skins but I sure don't wish him any injury. That's just wrong any way you look at it.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Looks like he'll be fine. Redskins unstoppable :(
  17. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Per Shanahan, RG3 LCL grade 1 sprain. Not ruled out for Sunday. We'll see as the week progresses.
  18. RastaRocket

5,832 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Never knew that.
  19. RastaRocket

5,832 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Good, I want the Cowboys to beat them with RGIII starting.
  20. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,030 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: I hope this is sarcasm.