1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RG3 wins Rookie of the year

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 2, 2013.

1. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    good for him, going out on top :laugh2:
  2. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  3. Shneek814

Shneek814 Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He certainly made us look dumb twice. Good for him. He's a hell of a talent and a hell of a person it seems. I would love him on the Cowboys.
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,130 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    It took me a second but ... :laugh2:
  5. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,397 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Well deserved
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,455 Messages
    1,452 Likes Received
    Alfred Morris was a beast. IMO he should've been ROY. I like what Luck will be but i just think Morris was the best rookie from start to finish this yr.
  7. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Flash won out.:cool:
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,392 Messages
    6,405 Likes Received
    Yes. He took us to school with his 100 yards passing on a 50% completion percentage in the season finale.

Where can we get one of those franchise QBs?
  9. Risen Star

20,392 Messages
    6,405 Likes Received
    Romo would have to put his home up for sale after two debacles like that in the biggest games of the season.

Griffin does it and it's the most amazing thing ever. Give that man an award.
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,886 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    I don't want to hear anything about, "it's a team sport". It's all about the QB in the NFL. Rookie of the year, MVP of the league, yeah, it's about the QB.
  11. Shneek814

Shneek814 Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haha you're funny. His ability to make things happen opens up opportunities for players like Morris. He wont always have the greatest game. Smart, great arm, fast. D Coordinator nightmare. I'll take that all day on my team. Don't be homers.
  12. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    What happened in the first game? Let me stop, I don't want to break the mental blocks you've put in place to help you forgot what happened on thanksgiving and the season he was having prior to his injury.
  13. Risen Star

20,392 Messages
    6,405 Likes Received
    Nobody said have the greatest game. We're talking about dropping two big steamers in the biggest games of the season in back to back weeks.

Romo has never done that. And he certainly would never be given any credit for winning a season finale with the numbers that fraud Griffin put up. That is just a stone cold fact.
  14. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

628 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    How does Romo get brought up in a ROY thread?
  15. Risen Star

20,392 Messages
    6,405 Likes Received
    Someone said they'd love him on the Cowboys. We have Romo. I'll let you figure out the rest.
  16. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,129 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received

In the first game there were busted coverages and CB's actually laying on the ground when the WR caught the ball. Griffin did what any NFL QB should do and found the wide open guy.

The real star in all of this isn't Morris, and it sure isn't Griffin... the real star is Shanahan and a system that puts pressure on the defense. It always has and the couple of new wrinkles he put in this season didn't change that.

It wasn't getting Griffin that got things going in DC. It was Shanahan being in his 3rd season and finally getting the OL blocking like he wanted and getting a RB that teams had to worry about. Getting Garcon didn't hurt either.

Yet the as always uninformed media (and redskin fans) thinks it was Griffin that did it. Talk about right time, right place. Add in that Griffin is a likeable enough fellow and smart enough to say the right things and they're ready to go ahead and stick him in the hall.

It is very difficult to stop the run game when you face a Shanahan (mike) offense and it opens things wide open for the QB. Shanahan turns out 1000 yard rushers like a pez dispenser Plus, he so controls what the QB can and can't do that it is little surprise that Griffin had so few turnovers.

It is the smart thing to do.

What all that means though is that it is the system that generated the wins and generated the opportunities that Griffin took advantage of. Most of his passes were throws that any QB could make.

Now Griffins legs were a difference maker, but his arm was not. As teams figured out what Washington was doing as the season went on, things started to change a lot for Griffin. His lack of accuracy was a lot more noticeable as teams took away the easy throws.

Lucky for Griffin, the media went so ga-ga over him that it didn't matter that it was Morris and that Shanahan system that was winning the games in the second half of the season. They still went nuts over Griffin and gave him rookie of the year. He shouldn't have even beat out Morris... much less Wilson and Luck.
  17. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I really have no problem with it. Having said that, I still maintain that longterm I'd rather have Luck, Wilson, and Griffin in that order as my QB. My stance on that hasn't changed since the draft.
  18. footballnflstyle

footballnflstyle Member

62 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    hey mansta54 I'm curious to know what you disagree with what shneek814 said..maybe the statement of i would like rg3 on the cowboys he was really on point..what was your beef?
  19. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,197 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I agree, prime example why STATS should not be a measuring stick of success. Luck deserved to win the award in my opinion.
  20. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a farce.