1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII vs Luck

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Dec 22, 2011.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,574 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    They're both great prospects that do things very well.

Any team that needs a QB will be happy to have either one of them. One thing I really like about them both is that along with great talent, they're also great students. Smart, talented QBs = winning QBs.
  2. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I don't see Ryan Leaf anywhere in Luck, yes Leaf had million dollar talent but a 10 cent brain.

I agree that the media overrated Luck's value but the media overhype alot of people.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Brought this back for fun. lol
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,980 Messages
    2,000 Likes Received
    lol the OP hahahahaha
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,498 Messages
    2,376 Likes Received
    Better link this quick guys.
    No bumping old threads allowed from what I'm told.
    I once bumped a thread that was only a few months old and got warned about it.
    Seems silly, but rules are rules.
  6. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Did not know it was a violation, just curious what everyones take was in the 2011 draft with RGIII and Luck.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,498 Messages
    2,376 Likes Received
    That was fairly prophetic.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,980 Messages
    2,000 Likes Received
    Luck all the way. Griffen looked good his rookie yr but injuries have taken his best asset. His wheels. A runner on bad wheels turns into avg. IN RGs case below avg
  9. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Yes I know this was a thread from 2011 draft day when people here discussed who should go #1. Consensus was Luck. Myself I felt RGIII would have the better rookie season because of his athletic ability but Luck would be the better overall QB. I think my prediction was correct.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,980 Messages
    2,000 Likes Received
    I dont think RG was better. He had the better support. Remember Alfred Morris took alot off his shoulders running the way he did his rookie yr. Luck had and still doesnt have a running game.
  11. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    The issue I saw with RG3 in his rookie season is that he struggled to see over the linemen and doesn't have the footwork to find a passing lane. In his rookie season he would have to use the play fake and suck the LB's way in and then have a wide open pass. To Rob Ryan's credit, he coached the LB's to not allow that to happen in the 2nd time meeting RG3 and he had a terrible game throwing the ball.

I knew that Washington was in trouble when Kyle Shanahan stated that he thought the beauty of the read-option was that it would prevent teams from blitzing. But in reality that is the best way to stop it because it allows the defense to attack the QB and the RB and play-action passes are always hard to pull off against blitzes. I think NFL coaches got a bit too carried with 'assignment football' and some of the dumb stuff that college defenses tried in vain to stop the read-option. Instead of allowing your defenders to get upfield and know their basic gap and containment responsibilities.

YR
    Doomsday101 likes this.
  12. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    That may be the case of the cast around him but fact is he had very good success in year 1 which I felt he would have. I have always felt Luck would become the better QB
  13. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    [IMG]