1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RGIII 'way ahead of schedule'

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sean50Lee, Feb 24, 2013.

1. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,994 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    Whats the O/U on which week Cousins takes over?

I have a feeling RG re-injures that knee, sooner than later.
  2. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

883 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I'm with ya, hope he makes it for opening day not at 100% and they finish the job.
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I've been saying this from the start but Foreskin fans try to downplay it. 2 MAJOR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERIES on the same knee in less then a 4yr period, that's sooooo HUGE. Infact, it's unheard of. Ahead of scheldule, yea right, the midget is trying to sell tickets and he's trying to get his team in early primetime games. That's what this is all about.
  4. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I really hate to see deadskin related threads in Fan Zone.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Or maybe instead of praying a guy suffers a painful, career ending injury - you could pray the team you are a fan of improves enough to beat them.
  6. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,493 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    Wish the kid a speedy recovery.
  7. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    It's absolutely huge! He may play the first game of the season but I don't think he will be 100% and I don't expect to see him running around like he did last season!
  8. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I prefer playing another team when they're at full strength because that's the only way to truly measure how good your team is.
  9. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

580 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Sorry everybody I meant to post this in the NFL forum. Stupid me
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,486 Messages
    6,199 Likes Received
    But...unlike us Cowboys, the Redsk*ns haven't had to endure 17 years of futility. Oh...wait.
  11. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

935 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Are you referring to Jason Garrett, called by some in the local medial as "Red J?"

Back to RGIII, the rehab may be encouraging, but anything can happen between now and the 2013 season...reinjury, a season like Peyton Manning's last year, something in-between.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Since when did the board become infested with all these pseudo-Moderators who are wondering why a certain thread is in a certain forum?

Is not clicking on the link that difficult?

It's the offseason.
  13. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

935 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Since the "like" button is not on this forum, I'll quote and second the sentiment.
  14. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

701 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I disagree. The only way to "measure" your team is with wins and losses. You are what your record says you are and it makes no difference who the other team suits up. Whatever gives the 'Boys the best chance to win is what I root for.
    i would never "pray" for an injury to someone.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    I have no doubt that they will say he is "way ahead of schedule" in his rehab for next summers knee surgery as well.
  16. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Hopefully he comes back healthy. Wouldn't erase the bad taste he left by being a big reason they beat us twice if he came back less than at his full capacity....if we can't beat average teams in their best condition then we don't need to be on the field.
  17. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Lots of Cowboys class shown on this thread.

:rolleyes:
  18. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

935 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    By some, although conspicuous and embarrassing.

The ones that would scream at Iggles fans cheering when Michael Irvin went down with an injury, yet salivate when it happens to Michael Vick.
  19. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

826 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    This...that's why I wish the season finale last year had Lee, Ratliff, and Carter healthy. I don't think we run Morris at will if they are there - and we would have probably seen some limitation in what RGIII was capable of doing before the disaster in the playoff game.

As a Skins fan, I'll take the win regardless...yet wins over depleted teams are somewhat more hollow...and in my heart of hearts I wasn't confident we'd be able to get past the first round of the playoffs even after this game against an unusually healthy Seahawk team.

In retrospect it actually would have been better for us to lose the division, as sad as that sounds.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,486 Messages
    6,199 Likes Received
    I'm not a fan of it myself, but take it as implicit respect for RGIII and try to see it as a compliment. Personally, just prefer your players stay healthy but your organization blows it's draft and FA moves from here on out, few as the draft picks may be. :)