1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Richie Incognito suspended indefinitely...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 4, 2013.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I hope he finds his way over to this board and tries to start preaching his load of garbage here..

:D
  2. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Right?? And I hope the MODS don't delete the thread or ban him. I think this fan base and board could use something to take its frustrations out on and he seems like the perfect victim. What a loser
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,632 Messages
    5,546 Likes Received
    Oh SNAP!
  4. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,541 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Anyone backing Incognito need to get their head checked
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,600 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Look everyone! It is the ignorant trifecta!

1. If gay was the issue, he'd likely not have led the message with a racial slur. After all, being gay would be far more unique than being bi-racial in the NFL.

2. Bullies commonly go with the sexual domination threats.

3. You seem to think suggesting someone is gay is an insult.
    links18, stasheroo and RoyTheHammer like this.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,600 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Incognito is pretty big as well. Martin likely has gone through life never having anyone messing with him because of his size. Went to an exclusive HS, one of the best colleges in the nation, comes from a family of Harvard grads. I expect this is totally outside of anything he has ever experienced.
    BIGWAY likes this.
  7. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,401 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Wow. What an absolute mess for the Dolphins. Quite a few people may go down for this eventually.

Incognito obviously and deservedly, and the probable end of his NFL career is going to be the least of his problems. A death threat, by a guy with a history of anger management issues, in addition to the possible civil rights issues. I don't think the authorities, up to the federal level, are going to take a "boys will be boys" attitude towards this. He looks to be in for a world of legal trouble.

Who knows about Pouncey and anyone else who might be dragged into or implicated in the "hazing".

Martin is probably done with the Dolphins. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of his teammates are going to have issues with the way he handled this, and he probably ends up getting a fresh start elsewhere. If he files a suit, that might make him unpopular and untrusted in locker rooms around the league. I wouldn't put it past Incognito and his jacked-up family to file a countersuit and try to throw everyone possible under the bus, including making the whole "team environment that wasn't discouraged by coaches" argument that he is being made a scapegoat. Not that he'd probably have a leg to stand on, but he doesn't give the appearance of someone who'll go down quietly.

If that happens, teammates get deposed, coaches and management get deposed, league officials probably get deposed about what they know. I bet there will be an increasing level of pressure from the league, from many in the Miami area, from the national media, for the Dolphins to clean house. There are already reports coming out that Martin wasn't the only object of the older players vs younger players incidents. I wouldn't be surprised if Philbin eventually takes a fall for this, and there may be a lot of pressure for ownership to send Ireland off with him. And that locker room may be a pretty fractured place as this plays out.
  8. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,344 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Someone's seen one too many episodes of Breaking Bad.
  9. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    122 Likes Received
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
  11. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Yeah who knows if it true or not just throwing it out there that it's not out of the realm of possibility.
  12. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Who cares if he was or wasn't?

I could care less about what source says what about someone's "gay-ness".

My Uncle was full-blown gay and damn proud of it. He helped restore Nob Hill in San Francisco before he died of AIDS.

A GOOD man. GOOD man. And I will not say ill of people who want to bend to that side of the bedroom. Their business, not mine.

Not one human should be treated worse than another because of that, or race, or creed. We should all be so enlightened...

Now back to some ever-lovin' football.
  13. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,067 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Poor Martin, he should be welcomed back to his team no problem but I am sure that won't be the case with some of the players.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Fair enough.. i personally think its just speculation that started with one or two people and took off because that's how our society is trained to think right now.

Kinda like what Frozen just said.

It was nothing more than a rumor, but he felt like it had some legs..

Felt it had some legs based on what?

There's no evidence at all that we've heard of yet to suggest anything of the sort..

Its just a mindset alot of people seem to have right now for whaatever reason..

No rhyme or reason to it.. just where we're at right now i guess.

Gay is the new hot button issue in this country.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If you "could care less" about it, then you do care about it.. which is evident from this post.

I think you took my last post the wrong way though.

I couldn't care less if the guy was gay or not.. and the fact that its being speculated, based on seemingly nothing, is silly, imo.

"Oh.. he was being bullied.. he must be gay because he went crying to his parents about it instead of starting a street fight over it like a real man would, blah, blah, blah.."

Its all bs until the real story comes out, but i don't blame the guy one bit for how he's handled it so far. Sue the pants off the guy and hope he never plays football again. He doesn't deserve the privilege, imo.
  16. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    I didn't take your post the wrong way, nor was I attacking you.

I was making a blanket statement.

It shouldn't be an issue.

No matter who says what.

Another blanket statement...
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    lol

Gotcha.

Well i agree with your blanket.
    Corso likes this.
  18. sideon

sideon Active Member

244 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    No. they're both racist idiots who need there ***** kicked and there's no lesser of two evils argument here.
    BigStar likes this.
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    I'd put a wager on it.

Incognito is finished in the NFL.
  20. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    ote="AbeBeta, post: 5283851, member: 753"]Incognito is pretty big as well. Martin likely has gone through life never having anyone messing with him because of his size. Went to an exclusive HS, one of the best colleges in the nation, comes from a family of Harvard grads. I expect this is totally outside of anything he has ever experienced.[/quote]

Yes I agree but there is a time when you man up stand your ground ... Similar to Dez and Williams. But this is still no exercise, Richard has issues and to be honest these guys are to old to be fighting. But if the coaching staff knew of this and allow it to continue more than a player will loose his job.