1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rob Ryan explains his penalty

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,357 Messages
    4,316 Likes Received
    Dec 14
    2:42
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan drew a bench penalty in last week's Cincinnati Bengals game after he got into a verbal spat with tackle Andre Smith.

Ryan was emotional for the bulk of the Bengals game for obvious reasons. Tie the death of Brown to the Cowboys battling for a playoff berth as why there was tension on the sidelines.

"I get into the game. I was ready to play that game," Ryan said. "I think we all wanted to fight, even though you’re a coach, I think the whole situation made everybody a little on edge and unfortunately I was a little on too much edge probably. I think in this business there are a lot of fighters and you don’t know how to react emotionally in a situation like that and sometimes, obviously that was the wrong thing to do. I was a little over-excited and I was a little bit more ready to fight I think than probably I should have been."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4703142/rob-ryan-explains-his-penalty
  2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I hated the penalty as they were in the red zone but I do like his passion for the game. He is a nice balance to the more level-headed OC and HC. Luckily we forced them into a FGA so it didn't cost us anything but if that penalty helps them get the TD they probably win the game.
  3. CashMan

CashMan Benched

1,313 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    For someone who gets soooo fired up, his Defense is very much the opposite. His game plan lacks aggressiveness. He has seen 3 rookie QBs, and has not really pressured any of them.
  4. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

336 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    EXACTLY!!!
  5. Andrei Kostitsyn

Andrei Kostitsyn Member

38 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    We've got no safeties or ilbs that can cover, being aggressive (as much as we want it) is impossible right now. We'd get shredded over the middle, not like we aren't already.

I really hope this Moore dude is as good as people are saying, apparently he can play inside and safety so maybe that gives us a bit more of a green light.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,987 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    We held them to 19 points missing both ILB, our starting safety, a starting DE, NT and primary backup at NT, and our nickel corner.

If you cannot understand the accomplishment against the 10th ranked offens in the league averaging a TD more then we allowed for the season then you are worthless in analysis.

Its just like those around here that discount winning 4 of the last 5.
  7. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    He's a coach not a player, he needs to exercise self-control.
  8. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,701 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Fuzzy. some folks will never see it. He's done an amazing job with chewing gum, bailing wire, and a roll of "hundred mile an hour" duct tape, IMO!
  9. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,718 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    ...we are really seeing a Ryan defence here.

His gun is definitely short a few bullets with the recent injuries. You can spread that analogy to both sides of the team with the poor showing the offensive line has put up this year.

Both the OC and DC have had to work to make something of this year and both cannot rely on any one part of the units with consistency due to injury or poor play.