1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rob Ryan Fired per twitter ESPNDallas **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Mookie

Mookie Active Member

264 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I have a theory. Jerry fires everybody, including Garret because he wants to hire Gruden, and Gruden specifically asks JJ that he wants his very own coaching staff. That's the only logical conclusion I can come up with. Otherwise this is a terrible move.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    What do you have against kids?
  3. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    You're right, my bad. I'd say something else more accurate, but nah.
  4. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,244 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Haha thanks for the laugh Hos
  5. KLJ

KLJ Member

253 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    this is the best news i've read in days.. there is no excuse for the way this defense played. ryan brought nothing..
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,885 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    That is true.

I expected something we never got. An aggresssive D.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    We lead the league in pre snap penalties.

But the boy genius is not to blame, not at all.......................:laugh2:
  8. Beast_from_East

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    No way Lovie turns down head coach jobs to be a DC in Dallas.

Rumors are Lovie is going to interview with the Chargers and Eagles this week.
  9. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,589 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    made a video on this:

[youtube]vYRXpgIXZKE[/youtube]
  10. Beast_from_East

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    I think what people are pissed about is that Ryan is being held responsible for the lack of success of his unit, but Garrett is getting a pass for the lack of success of his unit. People see a double standard and they dont like it.

How did our offense do that Garrett is getting a pass for:

1. Lowest offensive points scored in the last 6 seasons.
    2. Only team in the league to score less than 10 points in the first half of every game.
    3. Played with a lead only 23% of the time, ranks 30th ahead of only KC and Oakland.
    4. Lead the league in pre snap penalties.
    5. Fewest rushing plays for a season in franchise history.

Should I continue or do you get the point? Ryan gets fired because his unit didnt get the job done and yet Garrett gets a pass. Thats why people are pissed.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,211 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    i guess this is the main issue i have with how some people react and/or post.

you hate jones so every move he makes you push to the limit. i'm not saying jones didn't earn the hate, not at all. i'm saying sometimes people get into a mindset that can never be changed and every move only supports that mindset, even if only because they need it to.

every move jones makes is twisted to validate said mindset.

not question it.

so when something big happens you toss out a set of questions to support an existing thought pattern, not try to analyze it on it's own.

i find it absolutely hilarious that the anti-jones crowd will say "the definition of insanity is to repeat the same process and expect different results".

i'd agree it's insane.

so why does the anti-jones crowd continue in the same fashion of protest as if said rule doesn't apply to them? post bad jones in the forums and quote said quote as something spiritual that yet doesn't apply to them.

it's insane.
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Okay so let's review...

Rob Ryan is sacked.

We switch (apparently) to a 4-3.

We have a rebuilding/retooling effort under way.

We struggle to get that in place and comfortable.

We end next season no better than we did this year and we put the blame on the first year of the new defense and Garrett gets yet another pass.

The defense starts to come together and plays well in 2014 but the offense still sucks.

Finally Garrett is gone and a new coach in 2015 and we see a glimpse of something better.

I see us coming out of this in the year 2016.

Thank God the Myans were wrong.
  13. iceberg

28,211 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    so ryan was fired and you already tanked next season.

glad you let things play out first.
  14. Beast_from_East

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    Lack of a running game was Skip Pete's fault, the RB coach.

Garrett is not to blame for a non existant rushing attack, havent you been paying attention?
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Just making an educated guess based on them moving to an entirely new scheme. I am not tanking the season. But I would assume there are going to be problems with everything to adjusting to the new scheme, the terminology and the players that fit.

Unless they are staying with the 3-4 then this firing makes even less sense.

Like i said though, if it were a package deal that an entire new staff were brought in then I could see how this made some sense. But putting a band aid on a gunshot wound does not.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I swear by all that is holy the internet should never have been invented before the sarcasm font.

:D
  17. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    I get your point and I am on board totally with your thinking. But # 2 is not accurate. Just off the top of my head they scored 14 against the saints.
  18. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    this what i find to be stunning.......who says Garrett is getting a pass.....?...yesterday everyone was just sure that Peete was the fall guy and that everyone else was getting a pass.....

after JJ made his "things are gonna be uncomfortable" comments, most were convinced he would do nothing and it was all talk......yet there has been 2 firings.....

no one know the plan......maybe we end up with Garrett HC.....Lovie DC....Norv OC......how could that not be good?.....
    im not saying thats whats gonna happen.....but we gotta let it happen to find out.........

I say calm down, put away the pitch forks, relax with the JJ and JG agendas and let it play out....maybe Garrett gets fired......maybe he doesnt..(I hope he doesnt) ....maybe he gets an OC, that would be the equivalent of him losing half his job .....we dont know.....but acting as though RR was our saving grace and has been turned out and crucified to spare Garrett is nonsense...hes been an average DC at every stop....I liked him and wanted him to stay...im shocked by the move....but im gonna wait and see the full plan before i lash out at anyone over it...how will it end........no one knows....yet
  19. iceberg

28,211 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    i don't think our world ended cause we canned a questionable DC.

i'll wait for news to happen before i comment on it. speculation tends to be a lot of hate around here and i got time. i'm ok with letting things happen before i get mad or happy about it.

i'm not going to spell out doom and gloom and then twist events to meet my thoughts.
  20. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

886 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Did Jerry not see and realize the position his D-coordinator was put in with all the guys signed off the street? I know we had only 6 int's but Rob was hamstrung almost all year. I thought he deserved more time.