1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rob Ryan Fired per twitter ESPNDallas **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    some posters love to tell others they are on ignore, take it as a badge of honour
  2. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    c'mon this was funny. iceberg...didnt you laugh at this? be honest!
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Some people are just asswhipes needing to be ignored.
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,114 Messages
    1,272 Likes Received
    I fully expected it the defense never played consistently all season and looked like crap the final 2 games. Players didn't even know when to be on the field. It was total confusion all the time.
  5. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Nah. Wondered who still watched wrestling and would reference it for reality. :)
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,012 Messages
    7,760 Likes Received
    Rumors are rumors, and then there's the hurdle of getting the offers.

Stranger things have happened. People thought the same of Orton signing on as a backup at one point. Perhaps Lovie values the idea of being in the Dallas area. Or would like to take a year or two to select the right spot for him. I can see him passing on PHI, I don't think that looks like a pleasant job right now. San Diego, though, is a gem. But then, he has to get offered the gig before he can take it.

I don't know if Lovie's our guy or not, but he makes a lot of sense given the quick move to fire Ryan, his reported fondness for Dallas, our glaring need to fix the takeaway problem in Dallas nobody ever seems to want to talk about, and the fact that we're positioned to transition over to a 4-3 again if that's the direction we decide to go in this offseason.
  7. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Soon there won't be many who post regularly that aren't on the list.
  8. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Reality is gonna need a bigger HD to cover my ignore file.
  9. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received

Okay, not a problem sir. You are not one that I want to have mad at me. You've obvioulsy been around here for a long time and I know those are not the people to make angry.
  10. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Sir.

Just damn.
  11. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    I think the Lovie move makes less sense than others here seem to. He's a one and done guy. Now, you can argue Rob was too, but when we hired Rob I think it was done under the impression that we were a legitimate contender so it was kind of like, "oh well, we just need to get one ring out of him".

It's clear that's not the case now. So I don't necessarily see how a guy who if he's successful here will undoubtedly be gone is really beneficial to our rebuilding..."process".
  12. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    as soon as the season was over JJ and JG both said that they havent discussed the personal yet, that meeting would be in a week .......this is a week later, I knew they were meeting this week.....RR should have known as well.....why leave town ?...why not wait a week?.....

or maybe they werent sure they could get his replacement a week ago....they are running a franchise, he is sitting on a beach...they werent gonna shut everything down and fly to the Bahamas....they probably called him in , he pressed for a reason, and they ended up telling him over the phone.....

Rob wont be the only coach that has yet to be fired around the league...staffs are gonna be getting shuffled for the next couple of months...
  13. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,298 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    This. This big time.

For those pissed off at Ryan's departure, what games were you watching?? Obviously not the Dallas Cowboys. Or any good defensive team.

Look at Seattle - SF - Washington - Baltimore. All aggressive defenses. Name one freaking play that Dallas showed any of their aggressiveness this year - just one.

One indictment of the 2012 defense: no matter how well they played, if the offense scored, and Dallas needed a stop IT DID NOT HAPPEN. The D played to limit the damage. It did not play to hurt the other team. Dallas played the corners back, trying not to give up a big play rather than the pressure Ryan promised. Instead of exotic blitzes to confuse the O, Dallas rushed three men more times than the rest of the league combined. Hell, when facing rookie QBs, Ryan employed a max zone.

I cannot believe the strum and drama here for the architect of a defense near the bottom of almost every defensive stat in existence.

18th in yards.
    19th in passing yards.
    22nd in rushing yards.
    24th in points.
    29th in generating turnovers.
    Dead last in interceptions.

And yet, you're shedding tears and renting hair for this.

Y'all need an off season more than Dallas does.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,012 Messages
    7,760 Likes Received
    People were sure we'd lose Rob Ryan to a HC position after his first year. Two years later, we fire him early. You never know what's going to happen.

A very good DC can make a huge impact on a team in short order. And we're not short on defensive talent. I'd happily take Lovie and some more turnovers from our secondary even if just for a year. Though I think there's a better than good chance we'd get at least two out of him, and maybe more.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,499 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received

Yep, the Garrett apologist are at the height of hypocrisy.

"2 yrs is not enough time to implement your scheme, your process"

"Ryan had 2 yrs and couldnt get it done, not sad to see him go"

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  16. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

taint that da tooth....... :bow:
  17. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Hope to meet you Fri at curtain
  18. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Garrett's "process" is actually counted in dog years.
  19. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    And fans intelligence in lesser terms.
  20. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,237 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    Absolutely flabbergasted at this. Totally unexpected. But with Jerra, I suppose the utterly asinine should come as no surprise. I wasn't a big Ryan fan, but his D did very well considering all their injuries. Garrett has been a failure since 2007. I wonder which one of Jerra's "outside consultants" told him to do this?