1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rob Ryan's multiple fronts - End Zone shots of the first 10 snaps

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Sep 8, 2012.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    1st play - Classic 3-4
    [​IMG]

2. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    2nd snap - overshift to strong side. Kenyon Coleman plays 1 tech over centers shoulder. Price plays 3 tech on outside shoulder of guard.

[​IMG]

3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    3rd snap - Nickel - 4 man line with Lissemore and Hatcher playing inside. Church moves up into "ace" linebacker.

[​IMG]

4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    4th snap - Overshift similar to 2nd snap with Coleman playing 1 tech over center's shoulder, but this time with Price playing head up over the guard.

[​IMG]

5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    5th snap - Originally show classic 3-4 look, however just before the snap of the ball Price shifts to a 1 tech playing between the center/guard gap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    6th snap - Nickel - Church moves up to ace LB.
    [​IMG]

7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    7th snap - This is similar to the 5th snap. They originall show classic 3-4, however Brent shifts to a 1 tech in the center/guard gap pre-snap. I didn't get a screen shot of Brent in the shift this time.

[​IMG]

8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Snap 8 - 3-4 look with Brent lined up in the 1 gap between guard/center. Hatcher playing 3-tech.

[​IMG]

9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Snap 9 - Price playing classic 3-4 nose zero tech. Coleman moves into 3 tech.

[​IMG]

10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Snap 10 - Classic 3-4, with Carter blitzing in the guard/tackle gap.

[​IMG]

11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

40,255 Messages
    11,945 Likes Received
    Great series of images!

Appreciate you sharing those!

12. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,810 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Great work Inman. Preciate it.

13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    FWIW, when I say "Price" obviously I mean Brent. I have some glitch in my cranium software that makes me call him Price.

14. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

14,049 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received
    Ryan really now has the tools to utilize his defensive alignments.

Last year, he was essentially trying to prevent the collapse of a dam and really only had the tools to plug the hole with his finger. Coverages were awful because we lacked the ability to contest anything.

We revamped the secondary by adding aggressive press corners... which gives the pass rushers the additional time to get to the QB.

Combine that with adding Carter into the starting lineup... it gives Ryan an ILB who has the athleticism to drop into coverage, the speed to handle RBs and TEs in the flat, and the potential for a good pass rusher from the ILB spot. Bradie never really provided that. He was a thumper. Carter is a flyer. Ryan wants people flying to the ball.

Hatchers continual improvement now gives us two defensive lineman in the starting unit that can provide a pass rush (once Ratliff is back).

Ryan wanted more athleticism across the board. And he got it. Now, I think we'll see more exotic looks and have the horses to pull it off.

Oh. I almost forgot. The defense can become elitezorz if we move Ratliff to DE and put in a box of fried chicken at NT.

15. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,796 Messages
    5,669 Likes Received
    I like fried chicken.

16. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

11,733 Messages
    2,364 Likes Received
    This is great, but I can win the Super Bowl on Madden using just two defenses !!!

I'm a genius !!!

17. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was that an adjustment or part of the play call? Do you know what happened on that play (I could go back and watch but thought I'd ask first).

18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I think it might be a playcall to disguise the front. Brent did a lot of quick pre-snap shift from 0 nose to 1 tech through the game. I would say he played as more 1 tech through the game than he did straight up 0 nose tech.

FWIW, for those unfamiliar. The 1 tech generally isn't responsible for maintaining 2 gap control like a "true" nosetackle, but it does typically draw a double team simply because the guard has to help the center keep the defensive lineman from shooting through the gap into the backfield. This is the tech conventionally used by the "run stuffing" DT in a 4-3 defense (aka the Booger McFarland in Tampa as opposed to the Warren Sapp playing 3 tech on the outside shoulder of the guard ). With Brent playing so much 1 tech and Hatcher playing so much 3 tech through this game, you get a sense how Ryan (or Wade) can run a 3-4 defense that employs traditional 4-3 techniques and concepts.

19. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

6,526 Messages
    4,768 Likes Received
    These two images should erase any doubt (not that there is much) that DWare is a beast. He's already got a half step or more and not a single other D player and some of the Oline has not moved yet. It's clear that the ball has been snapped so he's not offsides.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

3,539 Messages
    1,768 Likes Received
    this, thanks.