1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Roger Staubach comments today on team, Dez, Romo, Frederick

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Aug 22, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    She's a sweathog, bro!

lol

(i was trying to poke twodeep in the ribs and you have to chime in:cool:)
    :D
  2. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

883 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    Im sorry did you say this dline is the same as last year just older? Ware and Spencer was OLB and we played 34. This year we play 43 and Ware/Spencer are now DE. Hatcher moved from DE to DT, how is this the same as last year but older? To me we changed much on the line, and its not even close
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,273 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Scheme change doesn't change the players, now does it? They shuffled the front seven and added a linebacker and put two linebackers with their hands down.

We'll see, but when you toss in the idea that both Rat and Spencer have been nursing injuries that were two weekers that now are into six weeks, do you think learning a new scheme from the tub will actually work?
  4. 5Stars

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    They will come back when it counts. They still have time to play this season, let the starters play until they are ready. Those guys are football players They know what is going on. The defense is only going to get stronger when they return.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  5. TwoDeep3

6,273 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Listen Five, I hear that every year. Pre-season doesn't count. It all starts when the lights come on. And as well you know, this hasn't been a dynasty since Dynasty was in re-runs.

Not that I don't appreciate your opinion, but for way too long people have been pish-poshing the injuries to miss camp or the poor play during the games that don't count suggesting all is well.

I consider all is well winning the East and being first or second seed in the NFC rankings. Then beating the snot out of a couple of teams and arriving in the Super Bowl town du jour a week or so before slobber-knocking some AFC wannabe into a galaxy far, far away moments prior to hoisting a hunk of tin and claiming another world title.

Maybe my sights are set too high, or perhaps, my goodest friend, your's are set too low.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,654 Messages
    6,355 Likes Received
    Just supplementing your Dez point...

Article kinda gets you pumped about Dez...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...z-bryant-poised-monster-season-dallas-cowboys
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    He never knocks the team or the players Roger is the ultimate Cowboy homer. He even had praise for Quincy Carter claiming the Cowboys had found their QB. He said Carter had a very bright future. :cool: Loved Roger as a player but he's too much of a FAN to take anything serious he has to say about the team or the players. It's clear he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers or anger anyone.
  8. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,699 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Keyshawn Johnson. He trumps them all. In his mind anyway.
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Definitely wouldn't want Roger in the role Elway has. Definitely not! Elway is honest he admitted all the shortcomings Tebow had. Roger even talked up Tebow. Listening to Roger and all the praise he has for all the players and every move the Cowboys make it would scare the hell out of me to have him working with the team. Like I said LOVED Roger as a player but if he's telling it straight on what he thinks of players and the team no way would I want him as the executive vice president of football operations with the Cowboys.
  10. TwoDeep3

6,273 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
  11. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

883 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    You said they have the same DLine from last year. You still haven't explained how its the same dline. If you think Ware and Spencer being at DE will be the same then there is no debating with you. Scheme change isn't much but yet it changes the dline. 34 line had different assignments then 43 can't compare the two. Ware gets to do what he does best, if you admit it or not this dline has changed. Ask Marinelli
    5Stars likes this.
  12. TwoDeep3

6,273 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Do they have the same front seven? Don't be obtuse. Because Spencer and Ware now put their hands on the ground, that doesn't make this light years away from what it was.

Thanks for eliminating debate with me because I see that the major thing that changes is Ware and Spencer will not be following running backs into the flat to cover them.

Although I bet you still see that.

And if you really read my comments I clear;y states scheme is the difference and I don't put a great deal of stock into scheme becauise you still have the same guys that can't get to the quarterback with consistency.
  13. TwoDeep3

6,273 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Clearly, like Cowboy football, you struggle with the definition of sweathog. :C)
  14. 5Stars

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    Well, that explains a lot if you like a plow horse like her. She's nasty, but then again, you probably are too!
  15. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,212 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    I got your back on Jen two deep....
  16. 5Stars

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    Oh, so now you two want to have a three-some with that skank?

How embarrassing!

lol