Twitter: Romo named the #NFL FedEx Air Player of The Week

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 11, 2013.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

22,289 Messages
    2,396 Likes Received
    Meh, I don't get as excited over individual awards as I used to but good for him.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

31,635 Messages
    4,286 Likes Received
    Didn't Boomer Esiason (bengals)have similar game vs a team where both qbs put up like 500 yards each?
  3. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    You'd take Romo over Rodgers and Brees?
  4. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    But Romo did it with 5 TD's and only 36 attempts, I bet both of them had many more.
  5. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,653 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Yes, I would. He is outplaying both of them:

Romo - 1,523 yards, 135/188 pass attempts (71.8%),13 TDs, 2 INTs, 114.3 passer rating
    Brees - 1,722 yards, 140/201 pass attempts (69.7%), 12 TDs, 4 INTs, 107.4 passer rating
    Rogers - 1.331 yards, 101/152 pass attempts (66.4%), 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 105.5 passer rating

1. Brees has more yards, but more pass attempts
    2. Romo is more accurate than both of them
    3. Romo has more TDs than both of them
    4. Romo has less INTs than both of them
    5. Romo has the higher passer rating than both of them
    Romo is balling. It's a damn shame that our defense isn't stopping anybody. His 500+ yard, 5 TD, 1 INT game won't be the norm, but it shows what he is capable of when he is allowed to air it out.

Like I said the only QB playing better overall is Peyton.
    tico and AmberBeer like this.
  6. TheXFactor

923 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I like Romo but with all due respect you're bonkers if you take Romo over Brady, Brees, or Rodgers (and Manning of course). In my opinion of course :D
    Texas_Pete likes this.
  7. tico

tico Active Member

680 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    well deserved.. congrats Romo
  8. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Well-Known Member

880 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    I would. More athletic than both. You have to invest in 5 other players to have Rodgers AND Brees and Peyton
    riverside4 likes this.
  9. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    That sounds like something Jerry said
    TheXFactor likes this.
  10. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

501 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I prefer wins instead of awards. Romo winning this is meaningless when you lose the game.
  11. TheXFactor

923 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Just wanna make sure I understand this, you think that Romo is a better QB than Brees or Rodgers? Seriously? Wow I know this is a Cowboys forum but come on lol
  12. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

2,544 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    Why is it so hard to believe, because you worship quarterbacks like gods and find it impossible to believe that their level of play can change as time goes on? No matter what your ESPN-infused brain has told you, there is not a lot of difference between the top 10-12 QBS in the league right now. They all complete high percentages of short passes, throw lots of TDs, and minimize mistakes. Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers, and Matt Ryan are also playing as good a QB as anyone in the league. There is no magical level of QB that is impossible to attain.
  13. TheXFactor

923 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    My ESPN-infused brain? I think it's pretty much a consensus that Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady are the top 4 QB's and I don't need ESPN to tell me that. Look, I like Romo, and I'd put him as my 5th or 6th best QB, but there's no way he's better than those 4 and it's not worth my time to put effort into such a silly argument.
  14. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

2,544 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    It's not a consensus, it's just the ramblings of someone living in the past. Those guys are not the top 4 now, and certainly not going forward. Time stands still for no man.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Let's go fishing Staff Member

46,515 Messages
    9,075 Likes Received
    Yeah. I'm looking at the completion%, scoring%, RZ%, TD passes, % completion rate, and mostly and the clincher for me is the number of passes (like a WCO) but with that A/YPC and YPC.
    dropbacks att comp comp% YDS YPC TD INT Sks BP DP TA HT Rating
    41_______36__25___69.4__506_14.1_5__1__4__0__2__0__0__140.0
  16. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Well-Known Member

880 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    Is it? Because would YOU put Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Luck, Brady, INFINITY.....Behind our Oline for the past 3 seasons? Not me. Or perhaps you say yes and want someone mobile.... Then would you choose, Vick, Cam, Kap, Wilson?

Gotta say, I'd choose Romo. 1st time in a while Romo's not running for his life and rattled every play. And I gotta say besides a poorly timed pick in the Denver game, I'm liking the results.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

29,509 Messages
    6,224 Likes Received
    Congrats to Romo!

Go Cowboys
  18. bark

bark Well-Known Member

3,756 Messages
    2,547 Likes Received
    Good for tony. Now let's go for two in a row and hopefully a w this time