1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Not possible, Tom is a Skins fan.
  2. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,414 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    i cant believe we even put this poll up, there is no possible way a trade like this would ever happen....i think i have had enough of all these skin fans coming here beating their chests about RGIII.

yea he has played great these last few weeks, im still not annointing him just yet, and Luck will have the better career.
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

14,804 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    The poll shows how biased some are on this board. Naturally this is a Cowboy board so it's to be expected. Most of these FANS (homers) who are picking Romo are doing so because he's a Cowboy and they want to show support especially over a player who just got through thrashing us on Turkey day and plays for a rival NFC East opponent. In the real world most sensible fans aren't going to stick with a 32 year old QB who has turnover issues and may have only 2-3 good years left over an extremely talented 22 year old QB like RG3 who's hit the ground running as a rookie and will only get better.

Romo is a very good QB but his arrow is going to be moving down soon and we may already be seeing signs of that. Although he's a playmaker and has been very productive he seems to lack what it takes between the ears when it matters most. All anyone has to do is check his history. He's never been able to elevate the level of play of the players around him which great QB's are able to do. RG3 already has shown me he makes players around him better and he has a certain swagger about him that brings energy to his team and its fans. He had a lot of pressure on him entering the Thanksgiving day game playing in Texas in front of a lot of his fans who watched him at Baylor and he played great.

He looked relaxed and confident before the big Monday Night game vs the Giants. The only real question with him is can he withstand the punishment he's taking over the long haul. He's taking some big hits and those hits can add up over a period of time and can shorten a QB's career. If he suffers a serious knee injury it could affect his mobility and although he's a great passer his mobility is a big part of his game.
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

3,369 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Not even a question. Hell, I'd give up Romo and next years 1st round pick for him, at this point.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

8,006 Messages
    2,057 Likes Received
    lol.. would you throw in Felix, Ogletree, and Sensabaugh too?.... Please?
  6. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

27,745 Messages
    2,713 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

14,804 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    He's got a point the skins future looks brighter than the Cowboys.
  8. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,240 Messages
    814 Likes Received
    you are missing the point. No QB Shanahann has brought to Washington has been able to do much with this team. People forget...Shanny was about to make the same deal he made for RG3....for MARK SANCHEZ. But the asking price got to high at the last minute...and Washington bailed. The Redskins FINALLY have an offense...and it is because of RG3. Without him....you would maybe have won 1 or 2 games. Who would you be playing...Kirk Cousins?

I brough this up to point out that we cannot assume the Redskins are going to be the team of the decade in the NFC East...because having a good to great QB is NOT enough. If the Skins do NOT improve the team around him (which will be harder because of all they gave up to get him). .500 will be the ceiling for this team!
  9. 5Stars

27,745 Messages
    2,713 Likes Received
    Lets wait on the next few drafts to verify that, OK? When they need to start replacing players, we will see just how bright their future looks.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,400 Messages
    1,153 Likes Received
    Of course you think that.
  11. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    When was Shanahan going to make any similar type deal for Sanchez? Honest question.

But even if true, I think that the Griffin trade, and the McNabb trade has already shown that Shanahan, for better or worse, was going to be willing to give to get a qb he wanted.
  12. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,131 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    Shanahan seems to be putting all sorts of new pieces into the puzzle already. Might be too early to say that the Skins are on a roll, but they are certainly playing better now than they did earlier in the year; even their D has improved considerably.
  13. 5Stars

27,745 Messages
    2,713 Likes Received
    Oh, he gave alright! We saw how giving up some 1st's for Roy Williams and how that prevented the Cowboys from acquiring top talent in subsequent drafts.

Good luck with all that!
  14. 5Stars

27,745 Messages
    2,713 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have been in every game they played this year. I'm not sure any team has "blown" them out. A bounce here, a few fingers there, a light not in someone's eyes, and this team is standing tall.

And of course, the injuries to the defense do not help, and of course the oline...other than that, had a few things went the other way, this team would have been in a better position than they are in. I can't say the same for the Redskins.
  15. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

5,054 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    Romo. Not convinced that RG3 isnt Vick or Cam. Didnt you idiots want Cam over Romo last year?
  16. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,765 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    Don't watch much football do you?
  17. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

5,054 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    tons...

Great rookie seasons means nothing. Bradford, Cam, tell me different. RG3 will be hurt and out before you know it.
  18. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,131 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    The things you refer to in the 1st paragraph are basically mistakes, which have killed the Cowboys for years. A loss is a loss. Everything seems to be pointing to the Skins moving up the table; thanks in part to the crapper that we turned in on Thanksgiving which will forever be known as RG3's coming out party.
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,400 Messages
    1,153 Likes Received
    Funny coming from poster like yourself.
  20. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,765 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about him having a great rookie season, and maybe having a sophomore slump next season (which remains to be seen) I was referring to you comparing RG3 to Cam and Vick, they are not comparable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.