1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo or RGIII?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CyberB0b, Dec 5, 2012.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Cool....
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,864 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    I don't see us winning at RFK if that game matters to the Skins.
  3. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    I don't see how you can see into the future?

:confused:
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,597 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:

I had my run ins with Wayne, you are not going to win...you just have to try and out last him.

It feels great to be on the other side of the fence :popcorn:
  5. fifaguy

3,864 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Are you into semantics? I don't think we would win under those circumstances.
  6. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Wayne has every right to be disgusted with the Cowboys...I am too.

However, I take into account the whole dynamics of the team, not just nitpick on one particular player or particular thing about the team.

A team is dynamic, not static...
  7. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,011 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I hope that it comes down to that game. I would like to see how RGIII plays the 2nd time around against the Cowboys.

We already saw the best 160 Yard day against the Gspots the 2nd time around...i would like to see how he does with it all on the line and facing a defense that is familiar with him.
  8. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    That's better....

;)
  9. fifaguy

3,864 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    i also hope that the game has significance of the Cowboys, otherwise it could get very ugly.
  10. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,002 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    St. Louis
    L
    31-28 Driving in fg range and stupid personal foul penalty pushed us out.

Cincinnati
    L
    38-31 tied at the start of the 4th quarter

Atlanta
    L
    24-17 leading 10-7 4th qtr, Griffin went out, Cousins scored another TD

New York
    L
    27-23 Leading with 1:30 left to go
  11. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received

Thank you. All losses, right? See, it does not matter what the score is at the end of the game.

And, why did Griffin go out in the Atlanta game? Did he get hit, hard?

Stay tuned...
  12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys spent 18 years searching for a QB like Washington has I would have applauded Jerry for giving up what they did for RG3. I have a post on the board immediately after the draft saying I would have done the same thing Washington did. Since 94 they burned three #1's on Heath Shuler, Patrick Ramsey and Jason Campbell. They were forced to bring in duds like Rex Grossman. They've suffered for almost 2 decades with journeymen's and first round busts and had the opportunity to get a QB that appears special and they went all out to get him. How can you blame them? Had they not pulled the trigger they may have been staring at another decade or two of wasted first rounders and journeymen QB's.

Anyone who follows the NFL knows you can't win in this pass happy era without a great QB. All the teams that have elite QB's are competing for the playoffs. Andrew Luck has already turned the Colts into a playoff contender and Washington who didn't even sniff the post season last year has a chance to win the division. The biggest deficit Washington has lost by this season is 15 points. Most of their losses 4 to be exact were by a TD or less. The Cowboys have been blown out by 20 and 18 points. They were down by 23 to the Giants and 25 to Washington until both teams relaxed allowing the Cowboys to come back.
  13. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    They relaxed or the Cowboys came alive? I think it is the latter.

Look, I do not like the game management of this team! When they start to play fast is when they get down by a couple of scores, then they want to actually play football?!

With this current Cowboy team this year, would RG3 have the Cowboys in a better position than they are in right now?
  14. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,002 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I don't see anyone winning at RFK ;) Except a soccer team
  15. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,002 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I only showed you the losses because we obviously were in the wins. I also didn't show the 2 losses that weren't closer than a score. Obviously the Atlanta game was the concussion, to which he responded that he won't let his team down like that again, and has done far better at stepping out or otherwise avoiding those type hits.

obviously we all will stay tuned.
  16. fifaguy

3,864 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Details, details...
  17. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Well, that's nice of him to say that. But, if Shanny wants to run him around like a running back, perhaps a concussion won't be the worse thing that he suffered.

You know, not every player in the NFL love the guy, right?

And, if I'm not mistaken, I think Ware laid a sack on him during the game, hard! Now, RG3 did get up, but not right away...he felt it.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    It was a combination of the Giants and Skins relaxing with a big lead and the Cowboys waking up. It takes a first half beat down to inspire the Cowboys to play that's another reason Garrett needs to go. Put any QB on THIS Cowboy team and the results wouldn't be any different. Garrett would completely screw up RG3. There's a serious coaching issue with the team that's causing repeated penalties especially in the redzone and the lack of focus and enthusiasm that has resulted in painfully slow starts which has led to the Cowboys getting way behind in games. Even a dreadful team like Philly that was playing with a short deck was able to jump out to an 11 point lead last week.

It's getting behind in games that's caused Romo to press trying to bring the team back. The same thing is happening to Brees in NO. The Saints keep getting behind which has caused him to press and it's led to a number of int's. Even though RG3 wouldn't help this current Cowboys team I'm looking at the future and a 22 year old duel threat QB with an incredible skill set is something to build on once you get a competent head coach in place. With a stubborn hands on owner like Jerry a competent head coach may be harder to come by than landing a talent like RG3.
  19. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,002 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I'm not about to argue that he doesn't need to protect himself, but I can make the case that he has done progressively better at getting down or out of bounds. Hasn't Romo had a couple concussions, or broken ribs. I posted the length of careers of several mobile qb's, and if we get 8-10 years, as was kinda the norm, you won't hear me complaining.

It's a shame when the ultimate plan to stop a qb isn't defend against him better, but instead "blast him". Seems like a plan of a weakminded defensive co-ordinator.
  20. 5Stars

25,126 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Stupid Jerry...he always does this to us fans! :hammock:

:eek: