1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo says he will get better in the future

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Jun 11, 2014.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You must be confused. I don't have heroes. You must have trouble with your reading skills as well. This is the second time that I have had to tell you this. I have maintained my position and standards by which I have judged Romo. I have always said that he is a good QB with a couple of major flaws in his game. One of those flaws is beating the better teams when he has had the opportunity. You can not deny that he has turned the ball over at critical times in these big games and it cost them a win. The "team" didn't throw the interceptions, Romo did. It has happened several times.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  2. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Sorry, I deny that he has turned the ball over at critical times in big games and cost them wins. I question your made up definitions of "critical" times and "big games". And as long as every other quarterback In the league continues to also turn the ball over in exactly the same manner and exactly the situations -- which they do -- then I am unconcerned. You have been told over and over again, but you just don't get it. Your mind has been infected with far too much ESPN for your own good.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You must be blind and deaf. How much do you believe in Romo? I don't think you are stupid. You are not going to put any money to back your mouth up.
  4. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,526 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Assuming Romo is capable of completely regaining his health without losing anything in terms of his throwing ability, he might be right about improving in the future. Right now, that's a big assumption, however. Granted, the improvement in Dallas' OL should stand Romo in good stead if his complete recovery is destined to be. I'm not about to assume his return to 100% efficiency will happen just yet, though. I think we'll be well into the upcoming season before anyone has an accurate picture of what to expect from him.
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,532 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    You can get better in the future Tony, handing the ball off to Murray at the end of games would be a great start.
  6. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,845 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Not sure if the video of this interview was posted but here it goes. Its also on the DallasCowboys.com website.

ufcrules1, 5Stars and DFWJC like this.
  7. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,829 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    Favre is the toughest and most durable qb to ever play?? Manning is considered a GOAT at the position. How can people continue to compare Romo!? Haha
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

24,167 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    You missed the point.
    And btw, right up front, I qualified the statement.
    But whatever.
    Hate away. It is your right.
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,872 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received
    That GOAT sure got his butt kicked to the curb during this last SB. haha
  10. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Well we had Wade Philips, TO, Pac man, Patrick Crayton, Rob Ryan...after a while we are running out if people to blame for Romo short comings.
  11. lostar2009

1,101 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Ok but this team constantly ranks at the bottom in regards to run attempts a season. We all know there were plenty of games Murray was avg+ 4.0 ypc. ..but we only gave him 10-13 carries in a single game!!!!! That's like 4 touches a quarter! !!!!
    Keep the offense balance, utilize your rbs to take some stress off Romo and this team may actually win something. As we all know Romo does not have the skill set to take control and win games single handed.
    PA Cowboy Fan and ufcrules1 like this.
  12. lostar2009

1,101 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    And what were the win loss for those 19 teams? We're they quality opponents?
  13. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,117 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    Why don't you look it up?
  14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,964 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I'm always the first to say action speaks louder than words and this proclamation by Romo is no exception. However, it is nice to see that leadership tone being set very early this year. He will need plenty of protection to improve because the elusiveness is all but gone. If he can stay away from the heartbreaking INTs, I can subscribe to this whole getting better thing.

In the words of the immortal Terrell Owens...

15. lostar2009

1,101 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I thought you Romo fans already created the stats. You guys swear by Romos passer rating which only measures completions,tds, ints. Which can be easily skew.
  16. DFWJC

24,167 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    That's the thing that get's me at times...the redefinement of "big games".
    The guy has 108 starts. There's really only a handful of these so-called games unless someone all of a sudden makes an early season, non-division (or even non-conference) road game all of a sudden a "big game". All the games are big to some degree, but those types are certainly the least important.

I'll give the critics that Washington game two seasons ago. That was a rough one all the way around, and except for a couple of drives, Tony really id seem off that night. Of course, the whole team was pretty off...and hurt..that night as well.
    Recall on that last drive, there was no Dez, No Austin, no Harris, no run game, no blitz pickup.....it was nearly an impossible situation. But he did get fooled on the blitz and underthrew the pass. It happens...and not very often really to him compared to most.
    I also didn't like him checking out of the run in that GB game--though that one had no impact the playoff run.
    Again, he has 108 starts.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,656 Messages
    4,654 Likes Received
    I don't know many players who do not look to improve as a player. I think Dallas is lucky to have a player of his ability and a guy who is willing to not settle who will strive to be a better player.
  18. DFWJC

24,167 Messages
    2,754 Likes Received
    Yep. You would think that'd be end of story. It's what you want from all of your players.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,656 Messages
    4,654 Likes Received
    Of course. Even the greatest always looked for ways to improve. Romo takes a lot of heat some justified and a lot that is not.
  20. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    We have not had a real "choke" around here since the 2011 Detroit game, where pretty much everyone on the entire roster and staff melted down like a snowcone. Keeping in mind that the entire concept of "choking" is something created by the media... if I were to entertain the idea that athletes do "choke", it sure wouldn't be when 99% of the unwashed masses say it is.