Romo SI Cover

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by vlad, Nov 27, 2013.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

10,412 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    You're not very clairvoyant
    AmberBeer likes this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,494 Messages
    7,570 Likes Received
    America (and its media) are begging to love this franchise again.
    alicetooljam and DandyDon1722 like this.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

16,049 Messages
    527 Likes Received
  4. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

950 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    It does seem like the tide is turning just a little. With all the RGIII hate right now, Romo is on the back burner. He just needs to keep from the big mistake, play within himself and let the media keep turning.
    But all it will take is one bad game and they will jump all over him again. Part of his appeal is he is the QB of the Cowboys and he's damm good. But thats also part of his problem.
    ( And whenever I talk to friends who support other teams - I HATE that the first thing they always say is Tony Homo ! Drives me frickin crazy!!! )
  5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

12,183 Messages
    2,342 Likes Received
    I am the biggest Romo fan ever. I think he is a very good QB, as consistent as you will find and a playmaker. That said, pass protection has been fine this year. not amazing, but plenty fine. I expected more than the offense has given us this year.
    alicetooljam likes this.
  6. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member

1,119 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I think its all just media nonsense to sell "papers", like when Dez goes off on the sideline, but other teams have players just walk into the locker room before the game is over.

I am surprised how many people that post as often as they do on here think he sucks, because if you post that often I would think you know or care to know a great deal about football...but then all you hear is stuff like so and so is clutch and so and so is better...etc but no talk of scheme, personell , consistency and adjusting to situations. People get happy feet for a reason, for example. I mean by those definitions Joe Flacco is pretty much better than anyone with 1 superbowl win since he burned through the playoffs last year.
    BigStar and DandyDon1722 like this.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

35,955 Messages
    12,779 Likes Received
    It sort of is, huh?
    BigStar and Frozen700 like this.
  8. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,712 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Gents, I do believe that our friend Romo is finally getting the respect long due to him.
  9. BigD5

BigD5 Well-Known Member

408 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    What hate is justified? Give me some examples of why he deserves to be treated like he's Ryan Leaf instead of the great Qb he is. He only gets **** on by the media because he's a Cowboy. That is the only reason. None of it is justified.

You may say he chokes. Well he certainly doesn't choke anymore than any other Qb.

Ints in last 3 minutes of one score games since 06 when he became Dallas' starting Qb:
    Eli 17
    Brees 13
    Rapeliesberger 13
    Flacco 8
    Romo 7

Most TD passes in last 3 minutes of one score games since 06:
    Brees 18
    Romo 14
    Eli 13
    Stafford 12
    BigStar and SDCowboy85 like this.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

58,457 Messages
    10,570 Likes Received
    Well said.
  11. KLJ

KLJ Member

255 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    i agree with this 100%. for the vast majority of the time this line has pass protected fine. outside of a few games, this offense has looked pedestrian.
  12. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,489 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    I'm glad he got that $108 million contract extension. Deserved compensation for all the ridiculous nonsense he has to put up with.
    BigStar and Hoods like this.
  13. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

14,269 Messages
    1,716 Likes Received
    Can't even lie brother
  14. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,730 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Pass protection has been reasonable. It falls apart up the middle on occasion, a product of the poor guards we have. But on the whole, we can't complain.

The much bigger problem is run blocking. For the most part, it's been pretty bad this year. I did see a better effort against the Giants. Hopefully, that's a sign of better things to come.
  15. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,832 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    You dont have to like it, but that's how QB's are judged.
  16. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,412 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    Man, outside of the obvious important things in life there's not to many things I would rather watch than Romo lifting the lombardi trophey with confetti flying all around him.
    BigStar and SDCowboy85 like this.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

8,275 Messages
    3,924 Likes Received
  18. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

3,530 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    Could you imagine that "America's Game" documentary?? I'd watch it every time. If this Cowboy team wins it all it would make for quite a story.
    Coy likes this.
  19. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

5,002 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Yep. If it's true that you're only as good as your worst player, then getting a ring isn't so much about him as it #53.
  20. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

5,002 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    I think half of Staffords have come against us.
    BigStar likes this.