1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The Sports Newswire
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Romo situation

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BoysWin, Dec 27, 2016.

1. BoysWin

BoysWin Well-Known Member

335 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    We should be the ENVY of the NFL, right now. We have 2-stud QB's. ROMO went down and DAK filled in better than any fan, coach or media expected. Meredith had Morton. Morton competed against Staubach until Morton traded to NYG. Staubach had Danny White and Danny White had Gary Hoogeboom which led to QB purgatory. Next up Troy Aikman and JJ immediately established competition with Steve Walsh and collected other capable backups including Steve Buerlein, Bernie Kosar, Randall Cunningham. DAL was again left in QB purgatory after Aikman and until Romo replaced Bledsoe.
    This is a blessing to have Romo as backup. My hope is that Jerry retains Romo to age 39-40. Best backup situation we could have in DAL and bring Romo and Cowboys multiple rings.

gmoney112 and cowboyfan4life2 like this.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

11,919 Messages
    4,005 Likes Received
    No thanks..Romo staying isn't beneficial for anyone

lwehlers and okstateCowboy like this.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

25,198 Messages
    5,841 Likes Received
    Going strictly on talent...who you kidding?

Verdict, DFWJC and drawandstrike like this.
  4. popp1234

popp1234 Well-Known Member

5,495 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    Yet another Romo thread...YAWN.

MileyDancer likes this.
  5. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

8,692 Messages
    6,420 Likes Received
    I thnk Romo's made it clear he wants to start. If not here, somewhere else.

6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,233 Messages
    14,990 Likes Received
    But that's the thing, isn't it? It will never be "going strictly on talent". Too many other factors involved.

7. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

8,692 Messages
    6,420 Likes Received
    Risen and his fanboys will soon be here saying he is the greatest to ever walk on water.

popp1234 likes this.
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

14,502 Messages
    3,696 Likes Received
    Let them battle it out in TC.........

9. Animosity

Animosity Well-Known Member

1,069 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    Romo is going to be traded or cut. When Dak struggles in a game, the Romo fanboys will be calling for Romo. We should go into next season with Dak as the clear cut starter and Sanchez as the backup.

JJHLH1 and Elusive6thRing like this.
  10. okstateCowboy

okstateCowboy Well-Known Member

638 Messages
    1,107 Likes Received
    Lol for some people on this board, Romo is like that ex-girlfriend you just can't move on from. It's unfortunate because you have a new girl in front of you that is way younger, hotter, and cheaper.

11. Virginia-Dave

Virginia-Dave Well-Known Member

402 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    I would love to keep Romo, but there is just no way that will happen. He costs too much, and more importantly he doesn't want to stay.

Cowboysfan917 and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  12. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,635 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Sure it would, in case anything happened to Dak, its not going to happen, because tony wants to start, and there are plenty of teams that need qbs.

13. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

12,260 Messages
    7,190 Likes Received
    Dallas can't have a guy on the team getting paid that much to not contribute on the field. If he couldn't get some snaps last night, he never will.

I am still angered that he could not get in for the fans to show appreciation but that is football. Romo is done in Dallas and it would be beneficial for Dak to not having to constantly look over his shoulder.

I still think Tony can play at a high level, barring injury, but he will go to a new team to finish his career. Sanchez needs to suit up, there is no point having Romo as back-up if they are afraid to play him.

Cowboysfan917 likes this.
  14. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are Dak's team. It's unlikely Romo will take another snap here, barring injury. It's time to move on.

15. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

11,919 Messages
    4,005 Likes Received
    Precisely...Talent being like the least of importance

16. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,717 Messages
    9,606 Likes Received
    Great. Keep Romo on the bench eating up salary cap monies so when it's time to re-sign the OL etc. we are screwed. Not too smart.

csirl, PA Cowboy Fan and stasheroo like this.
  17. Cowboysfan917

Cowboysfan917 Active Member

275 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I think it's best for both sides if Romo is somewhere else starting next season.

That being said, I am skeptical that Dak is more than a flash in a pan like Kapernick and RG3 before him.

18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

26,779 Messages
    7,650 Likes Received
    Romo will not be back next season which will put us in the same situation we were last offseason in need of a solid backup. Our situation won't be near as dire because we have a young healthy QB but we'll need someone dependable to back him up. Sanchez could possibly be back he's performed pretty well when he has a running game. This type of middle of the field, short passing offense that leans on the running game might work well for him.

19. KJJ

26,779 Messages
    7,650 Likes Received
    Plus there's teams he can start for. No QB is going to settle for carrying a clipboard when there's teams they can start for. Romo isn't going to waste what little time he has left backing up a young QB when there's teams he can start for.

20. KJJ

26,779 Messages
    7,650 Likes Received
    I don't think Dak is a flash in the pan like those QBs. He's been too consistent all season and handles scrutiny much better than both. Some were calling for his benching and he stepped up and had probably the best game he's had all season. He's passed for over 400 yards more than RG3 did as a rookie and has 3 more passing TD's and 4 more rushing TD's. Dak has been better all the way across the board and being the QB of the Cowboys carries more pressure than being the QB of any other team. He's been too good for me to believe he's some one year wonder or a flash in the pan. He hit a little bit of a wall a few weeks ago and came right out of it to get back on track. That tells me something about him.

PA Cowboy Fan and LandryFan like this.