1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo will never best Aikman until he brings us three rings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Dec 6, 2012.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    It does get out of hand.
  2. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Tell me the base differences between the 2 qbs in talent then best situation for success for either. I'll wait.
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Indeed. Its unfortunate
    Honestly. Is there any answer he could give that you would admit he was right?
    http://cdn.*************.net/instances/250x250/24839039.jpg
    Alright, Ill butt out.
  4. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    He's comparing a pocket passing timing qb to a mobile ad libber. Both can win w right talent. To say one is better is just stupid WO recognizing that.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Some of that is due to the fact that the team isn't playing very well and fans are frustrated but most of it is because opinions differ so greatly here which leads to arguments that can evolve into trash talking.
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    I normally don't start this crap with the Internet tough guys and most definitely will not let the traps run without a little rebuttal. Iceberg has zero to contribute here. Yet he enjoys utilizing his spare time wasting life. It must be difficult to have nothing else meaningful to do with your time on a beautiful Saturday night.
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Take a seat. Your wait is going to be extensive.
  8. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    You are the one w a blog headline demanding 3 rings. I asked several questions to compare the 2 on their own terms. You can't.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This thread is very, very entertaining. :laugh2:
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Your approach is not worthy of anything more than you have already been given. Nothing. Here. I'll let you have the last word tough guy.
  11. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Cause you can't answer so yea, I'm stupid. They are 2 different players and I get that. You just go wah, we are not winning.
  12. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    So I can't ask you to compare the 2 styles? Wow. Stupid got extreme.
  13. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
  14. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Much of aikmans game, again, timing. Aikman doesn't have that here do give me aikman today, he's not who you remember. But hey, blame me cause the pool got deep.
  15. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,382 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Even if Romo can win 2 or 3 SBs before he retires, who the "best ever" Cowboys QB will always be arbitrary. It is strictly opinion based and people will always differ. Troy has more rings than Roger, but I will say for the rest of my life, Staubach was the best Dallas QB. But, by no means, am I putting down Troy or the others.

Look at this list of Cowboys QBs since 1960 (52 years) Dallas has had one franchise QB each decade:

60s - Don Meredith
    70s - Roger Staubach
    80s - Danny White
    90s - Troy Aikman
    00s - Tony Romo

To me, that is a pretty darn good group no matter which one is supposedly the "best ever." I know that only two have Championships, but each one has given Dallas at least a fighting chance at a title. I am thankful that my team has had that kind of quality at the QB position.
    :starspin
  16. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Blue wanted intelligent responses. He really was just looking for agreement.
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    My advice is don't join in at least 7 of your 9 lives has probably already been used up on this site. :laugh2:
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,245 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    You allow Aikman to sling it around all over the country, he shatters records. And his receivers were possession receivers, with Harper being a deep threat. Aikman never had a guy that could take a 2 yard pass to the house consistently, like TO/Dez/Austin.

Aikman was also in the era where he could get killed, and no fines were handed down, so he had to learn to get the ball out quick, to keep from being murdered. Not to mention his receivers could get assaulted in the air while trying to catch passes, none of Tony's receivers ever had to worry about that threat.
    Aikman played the best of the best and always came out on top. He didn't make excuses, even while philly sacked him 11 times, he just learned to get better. He wasn't a choker, he came to play against some of the best teams this NFL has ever had, in San Fran, Buffalo.
    I don't even want to hear Romo's name mentioned next to Aikman. Only ****** think Romo was a better QB.
  19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Thank you!!

OP wanted intelligent discussion and yet many of us have broken down the different eras...how defense was played, how this is a video game league of passing now because of the DB rules, etc.. And it all gets ignored. What is Romos weakness? Turnovers in big games..many on forced throws into tight spaces. What was Aikmans strength? Being one of the most accurate passers in NFL history in nut cutting time and doing it against tougher defenses where DBs mauled WRs. This argument isn't even close. Tony's athletic ability doesn't negate smarts, accuracy and protecting the ball. Troy is miles ahead. That is real talk and real football not playing plug and play and making assumptions based on today's wide open offenses. I've put this same thing in detail in 3 posts and all that ends up happening us we get 3 more pages of "tony just needs one SB to be better than Troy." How does that work in a significantly more watered down league, with weaker competition and parity where teams can be playoff teams at .500...just not us?
  20. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,726 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    This is the best answer in this thread by far. Problem is many of this boards fans don't go back nearly that far and are just hearing us old guys talk about our QB history.