1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo will never best Aikman until he brings us three rings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Dec 6, 2012.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Nah. He ignores me rather well.
  2. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow :lmao2:
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    I've read enough of your posts to know you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Aikman led the Cowboys to 3 SB wins and was a first ballot Hall of Famer how could accomplishing all that make him not that good? Nothing exposes fans more than these Aikman vs Romo debates. In your opinion what makes Romo better than Aikman? Let's see if you can come up with an intelligent answer to that one. :D
  4. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

So after you win three SB's you can play like POOP the rest of your career?

Winning three SB's sure hasn't stopped Tom Brady from getting back to the SB.

After the 3rd SB we never even made it back to the NFC championship game which was unacceptable. Tom on the other hand as reached 2 more SB's after his 3rd SB ring.
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    I need to learn from him then. ;)
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    No lie, he's one or my greatest ignore foes.
  7. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    yup just like D White did to Staubach

win every thing expect the big show
  8. KJJ

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received

You didn't answer the question why do you think Romo is better than Aikman? If you're going to make a statement like that along with making an even stronger statement that Aikman wasn't that good at least man up and give a reason why. You're going to put all the blame on Aikman for the Cowboys not continuing to win? The Cowboys were declining due to age, poor drafts and free agency that was eating away at the great team Jimmy built. Losing Jimmy after the 93 season certainly didn't help. Every year the Cowboys were losing contributors it started catching up with the team by 96 along with age. Erik Williams had a car accident in 94 and was never the same player again.

This added to the decline of the OL. Jay Novacek's last game was SB XXX he was forced to retire because of a lingering back injury. Novacek was a huge loss to the Cowboys and Aikman. Go back and look at all the players the Cowboys lost to free agency from 92 to 2000. Irvin was forced to retire in 99 so Aikman had no receivers to throw to. The 2000 Cowboys weren't a whole lot better than the Cowboy team Aikman started with in 89.

The 2000 team was an aging team that had little talent left and was poorly coached which is why the Cowboys could only manage 15 wins the next 3 seasons. Romo has only won one playoff game and his team is about to miss the playoffs for a 3rd straight season. While Troy Aikman was the QB of the Cowboys they never went 3 seasons in a row without making the playoffs. Romo will never sniff the HOF and may never even play in another playoff game again with the regressing team and head coach he has. Aikman appeared in almost as many SB's as Romo has playoff games. Make your case as to why you think Romo is better than Aikman and let's see how it holds up to cross examination. :laugh2:
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

It's one reason why I think Romo is better

"Romo is never afraid to get hit and never hesitates to make a play when faced with defensive pressure"
  10. KJJ

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    What hasn't stopped Brady is playing under a great owner who went out and hired a competent head coach right from the get go who's kept talented skill position players around Brady every year he's been in the league. How long do you think Brady would have held up had he been stuck on the awful teams Aikman started and ended with? You think Brady could have escaped the stampede Aikman faced in 89 and 90? You think Brady would have been better than Aikman on those late 90's teams that had no receivers and a crappy OL with Dave Campo as head coach? :cool:

EVERY YEAR Brady has talent around him open your eyes! Seeing you're blaming Aikman for why the Cowboys stopped winning playoff games and SB's why have the Cowboys never even sniffed a SB under Romo? If he's better than Aikman how come he only has ONE playoff win and the team has folded practically every Dec/Jan with him at QB? Stop staring at Romo's career passer rating and numbers that are inflated because he plays in a pass happy offense in a pass happy era where even rookie QB's are passing for 4000 yards and get real!
  11. KJJ

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    That's hilarious! :laugh2: That has to be the lamest reason I've ever heard. :rolleyes: You just exposed yourself as someone who either never watched Aikman or was too young to remember his career. Anyone who watched Aikman knows he use to stand in the pocket until the very last second before delivering the ball and would get clobbered. The QB safety rules we have today weren't in effect during Aikman's career so he got brutalized. No QB showed more GUTS than Aikman did in the face of a fierce pass rush. In 89 vs the Cardinals he got leveled just as he delivered a perfect strike to James Dixon for a 75 yard TD.

Aikman never saw the completion because he was on his back knocked virtually unconscious from a helmet to helmet hit. It took several minutes for him to even sit up. He knew he was going to get nailed and never flinched as he threw the ball right on target. A majority of his concussions were due to him hanging in until the very last second. This topic continues exposing fans. :laugh2: Below is the pass to Dixon it's the first play.

[YOUTUBE]UQOXuZb3n9s[/YOUTUBE]
  12. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

I don't think he is HOF material but was a Good QB. When I think of HOF QB's I think of great QB's. I just think the last 5 years of his career was average
  13. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

Aikman was never the best in the nfl for even 1 yr much less a 5-6.
  14. KJJ

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    You just said in a previous post he wasn't that good. :confused: Aikman was a great QB but you don't think so because of his less than impressive career numbers which Romo is topping. Admit it! Go find some video's of the throws he made in the games that mattered most. He tossed 4 TD passes in his first SB and was named the games MVP. It was the first 7 years of his career that made him a HOF player. Even 89 thru 91 showed how mentally and physically tough he was. The last few years the TEAM was in decline and he had no weapons to throw to this is why the Cowboys continued losing after he was released.

Why has Romo only been able to win ONE playoff game if he's better than Aikman? He had a more explosive offense in 07 than any Aikman had during his SB years even Aikman has said that. The bottom line is Romo has never had the leadership skills Aikman had and he's never been as good as Aikman when it's down to do or die.
  15. KJJ

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Aikman beat 3 HOF QB's in championship games Favre, Young and Jim Kelly. He beat them multiple times with championships on the line. Favre's career numbers blow Aikman's away but Aikman out dueled him twice with SB births at stake. Aikman may not have the career numbers those QB's had but he has more rings. Championships and getting it done in the games that matter most is what it's all about.

Ask anyone other than a Cowboy fan who was a greater QB Favre or Aikman and practically everyone will say Favre because his stats and his playmaking skills. Ask those same fans which one they would pick if they had to win one game and I bet most of them would pick Aikman. I could think of at least 10 QB's I would take over stat man Favre who has only ONE ring in his 20 year TD/INT career which he holds the all time record in both and 2 of them played for the Cowboys.
  16. holcomb2012

holcomb2012 New Member

21 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aikman. No questions.
  17. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,016 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    White didn't pass Staubach very many categories. Staubach had a higher passer rating and more yards. White had only two more TD passes but 23 more interceptions.
  18. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I did not read this entire thread so forgive me if I am repeating a point someone already made.

If Tony was the quarterbck of the 90's teams would they still have those Lombardis? If Troy in his prime was the qb of this team would we be better than we are?

I say yes and no. Like it or not football is a team game, probably more than any other sport.

I' ve been a fan of this team since Dandy Don was the starter and I think Romo is the best one of the lot.

Jmho.
  19. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,452 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Did not know Troy played Defence.
  20. KJJ

11,210 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    He was very efficient playing QB and didn't turn the ball over repeatedly especially in critical situations putting his defense in tough situations during the money games in Dec/Jan.