1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo will never best Aikman until he brings us three rings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Right... & Romo has benefitted from contributing to a great collection of early deficits which have allowed him to amass a plethora of stats digging himself out of the hole he helped create. That's not just this year.
  2. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    You realize Aikman led those Super Bowl winning Cowboys teams right? Or was that a crash test dummy that hit on those lasers to Irvin and other while handing off to Emmett as well ?
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,558 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    Aikman turned the ball over just as much while throwing less. Keep reaching though.
  4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Teams are normally LED.
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Reaching is not necessary here. Keep dangling though.
  6. SDCowboy85

15,558 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    Oh how quickly you turned it into one...
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Read. React. Read. React. It is one of the basic strategies in football. No difference here... It would be a waste to try and help you understand. Just re-read the first post and try to imagine 12 Romo defenders didn't attack.
  8. SDCowboy85

15,558 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    So is there even a point to this thread or did you think we just needed to know you don't think Romo is as good as Aikman?
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    I was just thinking out loud. Thanks for listening.
  10. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    If Romo played with those teams from the 90s, I think there is a very good chance the Cowboys would have won all three games anyway. I mean, those teams were awesome. But that was so long ago.
  11. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    I see all these myopic reasons why Aikman succeeded, from players around him, to salary cap...ect.

Yet the one thing I do not see are the only facts that appears to me to be actually pertinent.

He was the most accurate passer in the league then, and will always be in the top three or four.

He was a fiery leader that demanded the team play up to their level.

And he was such a team player he sacrificed personal stats for the team to win.

I'm a big time Romo fan and would love to see a few championships.

But this measuring contest and excuses to elevate Romo ignores some very important facts, and slanders Aikman to elevate a current pet cat.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Interesting angle and surely possible but I am not so sure he would have done what Aikman did. That was a precision timing offfense. Do you believe Romo has the same accuracy as Aikman?

Yes.... Unfortunately, it was a very long time ago.
  13. cowboys2233

4,413 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Aikman was awesome but that doesn't mean that Romo can't be awesome too.
  14. cowboys2233

4,413 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    I believe Aikman is in the top five of all time, accuracy wise. But Romo is no slouch in that regard. I believe if he is given a good pocket to throw from, he can be absolutely lethal. Look what he does when he's scrambling for his life, the guy went 10-10 in the second half of last week's game and a good number of those were not easy throws by any stretch of the imagination. Aikman was the perfect QB for that system but Romo could have done some serious damage with those players as well.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's absolutely pointless to compare Aikman and Romo. They're both completely different players and played in far different eras.
  16. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,265 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    What !!! are you kiddin me
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    Not saying Romo isn't awesome. But deliver the package and then tell me, Tony.

The skill assassination of Aikman to bolster Romo's career this far is a little out of bounds for me.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Actually no. I was very serious.
  19. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    Two players from completely different eras that played the same position for the team we all know and love. The only real difference at this time is that 3-0 count. I disagree. It is perfectly okay to compare since Romo just moved ahead of Aikman in one of those less important statistical categories.

Is it pointless to compare Kobe and Magic, Kobe and MJ, Kobe and West?
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,730 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received
    You need to Log off. WTH?