1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo will never best Aikman until he brings us three rings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Dec 6, 2012.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,912 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    ????

So Romo is the football equivalent to Ernie Banks, Ty Cobb and Ken Griffey Jr? Seriously? Come on people, this is ludicrous. I'm a Romo fan but ackowledge he may be even outside the Top 10 in football right NOW.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Yea. By the logic in this thread, Marino sucked.
  3. iceberg

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Now he's too nice? Any port in a storm I suppose.
  4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,522 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    You know it funny to me.. They're has actually been a wealth of good discussion around thetrue premise for creating this thread peppered with the occasional pot shot from someone that has absolutely nothing to offer outside of sticking and moving.

Time for you to move I guess... Thanks for providing your esteemed insight.
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,522 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Perhaps he is. Any other real thoughts on the subject?
  6. iceberg

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Hey man, I am not the one saying rings are the only measure then try to dance around it when proven a flawed concept. I don't need war and peace postsvto know that's idiodic.
  7. iceberg

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Yea. Its stupid.
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,109 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    :lmao: :lmao2:
  9. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    This place never ceases to amaze.

The attitudes of fans like the op are the reason why this team continues to chase its own tail year after year.

You aren't winning Super Bowls within two years of arriving?

You're no Good for us hear in Dallas!

To hell with building something.

I've waited 16 years that's too long. I'm a Cowboy fan I DESERVE championships, because the success of my team defines me as an individual that's why they became my favorite team after they won a Super Bowl.
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,522 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Excellent. Once again, thanks for your invaluable input.
  11. iceberg

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    You're welcome.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,522 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    So they became your favorite team only after winning a Super Bowl. Interesting ... Which Super Bowl was that?
  13. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

955 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    great post :bow:
  14. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,022 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Bleu Star...

U question how long would Troy let the current enviornment fester before he blew up.

Go back to the Bootlegger days...how long did Troy put up with Barry's non discipline? How long did Troy put up with all of the rumors that he was a racist because he was always hard on the black players? How long did Troy put up with the all the gay rumors that were basically started from haters on the coaching staff?

Yes we all know that Troy was great, I dont think anyone of sound mind doubts that. He was the best during his time, but you very rarely saw Aikman have to strap the team on his back to have a chance at winning. With Romo we see pretty much every game that unless he plays out of his mind then we have no chance at winning. Aikman never had to deal with that, Romo has to deal with that weekly unfortunately.

Solidify the OL this offseason and we will be so much better for it and may actually be able to get Tony a ring.
  15. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,236 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Great original thread idea!
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,751 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    You can't judge QB's by stats alone especially QB's who played in different era's or there would be a lot of QB's rated ahead of Joe Montana and many other great HOF QB's. Romo has played in a pass first offense in an era where practically every team in the NFL is pass happy. We're in an era where rookie QB's are hitting the ground running putting up numbers that some HOF QB's 30 years ago never put up their entire careers.

Aikman played in a run first offense that revolved around Emmitt Smith. QB's are judged heavily on team accomplishments and their performances during the postseason because they determine the outcome of games more than any other player especially in this pass happy era.

Every QB's stats today are padded by all the passing they do. The last time I checked 7 of the top 10 passing rating leaders of all time are current QB's. The rule changes continue to open up the passing game including the player safety rules that have defenders handcuffed causing them to think rather than react.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Seeing that Romo would say the rings are what matters more than any of us, he sounds like the kind of guy we should root for.;)

That's why guys like Aikman and Staubach like him so much.

Contrary to what some of our less knowledgable fans believe, Romo is a football junkie who studies the game relentlessly. And you never here him talk about stats, or brag about any records...it is always about wins and losses and getting better.

It's odd. In non footbal thngs, he even gives these huge sums to charity (1 million to inner city youth programs and schools just last week) but rarely even makes a public appearance on it. Then you have NFL players making these tiny donations but having it show up as front line stories on the BFLNW, etc.

Yet somehow, there are those that always take issue with him.
  18. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    IMO Opinion Romo is already better than Aikman. Not just because Troy had one the best lines in history, with arguably the best lineman in history. Romo does a fantastic job despite getting absolutly violated several times a game.
    This whole Super Bowl argument is just absurd, are you going to tell ne that Jake Plummer is better that Dan Marino? Trent Dilfer better than Fran Tarkenton?
    Troy was a wonderful QB but there are very few QBs that Id trade Romo for.
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,896 Messages
    1,213 Likes Received
    There you have it folkes.. Romo is better than Aikman. :bang2:
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,522 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    I, personally, get where you're coming from with all of that. As I have stated repeatedly, I like Romo and hope he does bring us at least one (maybe two) Lombardis. Most guys that make it to the NFL are students of the game. If they weren't, they would have settled into real jobs after college. This isn't about proving to one another who knows most about the game of football. It is simply commentary around Romo's legacy. To those that took and will continue to take issue with discussing Romo's legacy, I simply ask you to hit the back button on your browsers and go visit another thread.