1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,962 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    And calling the Cowboy QB the worst choker of all time in NFL history is not insulting?

Anyway, the "braindead camp" was referring to a school of thought and not person directly.

The only ting I can be sure of about you personally is that you have never played the QB position before. That's not unusual, many haven't. But the ones that are most harsh on Romo tend to 100% guarantee that they never played QB.

And like Bill Belichick said; the best way to know if you are talking to a Cowboy fan who is actually worth talking to (about football) is to ask them about Romo. If they say is anything other than that very very good or even great, they are not worth talking to...regarding football.
    It is the ultimate filter.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    The first part of getting over a problem is to know it exists.
  3. DrKennethNoisewater

DrKennethNoisewater Member

106 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Not sure why that would be insulting to you. People have opinions, some more extreme than others, but it has no bearing on you.
  4. DFWJC

21,962 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    I think it's like if someone using the N word all the time.

It may not be at me, but it is so uniformed that it's insulting.
    Does that help?

I'll repeat this previous comment...

"And like Bill Belichick said; the best way to know if you are talking to a Cowboy fan who is actually worth talking to (about football) is to ask them about Romo. If they say is anything other than that very very good or even great, they are not worth talking to...regarding football.
    It is the ultimate filter."
  5. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

626 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    The amount of sensitivity when it comes to Romo in this thread has reached levels of Anakin/Padme attachment. I've never witnessed anything like this before. I asked a serious question and because you feel the slight semblance that the response is going to be that which is negative, you reply in the manner in which you do. I was legtimately curious because when its all said and done, for Romo to be an UDFA and to then become the QB of Americas Team with all the polarity/stardom it comes with is actually an accomplishment. Romo was never expected to come into the NFL and do what he's done so far. That is where I was originally going. If Romo retires tomorrow, as he said, "I've had lived a pretty good life." If he were the #1 overall pick in 2003, that'd be different.
  6. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,597 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    Very well, we'll go with playoffs. How about Week 17?
  7. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,427 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    That statement makes no sense.
  8. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Delhomme went to a Super Bowl and another NFC championship game a few years later. He's had his failures, yes, but you can't even compare Romo to him, whom has as many playoff wins as Tebow and TJ Yates.

Romo is a joke around this league like many others have said.
  9. Super_Kazuya

1,597 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    Wins are not a statistic for QBs or any other player for that matter... stop making up stuff. Romo is far better than Delhomme by any standard, who at his best had a few years of being maybe 80% of Romo (i.e. pretty good).
  10. DrKennethNoisewater

DrKennethNoisewater Member

106 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Calling him an alltime biggest choker is not even close to using the N word. Wow, that is extreme.

I will preface this by saying I have been a long time Romo supporter, but I do question him at times. It's OK to do that.
  11. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,742 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Ouch... Yeah, technically Delhomme has led his team further.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,742 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Wow.. so glad I put that guy on ignore. He is comparing a fan not liking Romo to using the N word? This is getting out of line. People can't even have an opinion without being attacked.
  13. alsmith

alsmith Member

296 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another D. A. Post....
  14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,867 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    Completely agree. I don't know why there aren't more practical people about him. The guy puts up awesome numbers. He guts out some games. His ability to avoid sacks has been crucial behind that line. BUT he does make boneheaded plays in big games. He does get careless and will lose you a game or three. You take the good with the bad. Just because I think he is a very good QB and like him doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to his failure and boneheadedness. It kind of goes hand in hand with what we have been dealing with as a team.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Geez.

Hillarious stuff from the uninformed.

In 2003 jake Delhomme threw for 19 td's and 16 int.

Know what he had to help him manage games?

A physical offensive line blowing holes for a physical back in Stephen Davis who rushed for 1444 yards. The team rushed for 2000 yards.

Know what else?

Three veteran smart savvy wr in mushin Mohammed, Ricky proehl and Steve smith.

He also had good coaching in Dan henning, and a qb assistant by the name of mike McCoy and an excellent head coach in John fox.

U know how they beat the eagles in the NFC championship game? Running he ball and playing defense. They out muscled the eagles and Ricky manning had three int. they caught a break with Westbrook being injured that day and not playing.

Romo has only thrown 19 or less tds in 06 and 10 when he did not play a full season.

U are all ticked off about romo's season when he goes for 28 td and 19 int u would have hated Delhomme who never sniffed romo's numbers or abilities.

The organization has let romo down by not building a running game and offensive line than can help him manage games, not to mention the extremely poor play of wr a good portion of he time.

It's hillarious reading this romo is not comparable to jake Delhomme stuff.

Funny side story, Delhomme was the guy parcells tagged to come here and be the qb, but his agent asked for more than bill/Jerry were willing to pay. So he went to Carolina with parcells buddy Dan henning.

Had we signed Delhomme romo would have gone to Denver with shannahan.
  16. Super_Kazuya

1,597 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    No, the issue people have is that our own fans believe national hyperbole like this. But when you ask them to name all of these boneheaded plays, they get QUIET. When you ask them to define "big games"; they get QUIET. WHen you point out that Romo leads active QBs in 4th quarter rating, they get QUIET. They get quiet because under it all, they've got a big bag of nothing: simple-minded QB analysis that revolves around QB wins and "he threw an interception, he sucks".
  17. SilverStarCowboy

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

Want Romo to succeed as much as the next fan.

Romo knows.... I admit, he probably doesn't need to be reminded.

lol, message boards
  18. DFWJC

21,962 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    Well, of course it's not.
    The point was only that someone can say something that seems so uniformed that it is actually intellectually insulting.

People can think what they want, that's what forums are for. Sometimes it gets so far-fetched it becomes intellectually insulting, that's all.

It's not like I've ever even said Romo is an elite QB. I think he's good enough to do the job and even carries us at times, but it's not like I don't see his flaws.

To me, saying he is the biggest choker of all time rates almost as bad saying he's the best QB to ever play the game. It's lunacy...and insulting.

Anyway, I need to give this a rest.

I let my self get sucked into these Romo bashing threads when I already know that anything I could say falls on deaf ears anyway.

We just have to agree to disagree.
  19. SilverStarCowboy

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

Wow...okay you are better than me if that makes you feel good.

Though if you ask Romo, he'd likely agree that he is one of the worst in History.
  20. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,160 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    If that´s the argument then Romo has a long ways to go before even being in the conversation with Dilfer, Hostetler, Hasselbeck, Macmahon, Tony Eason, Bernie Kosar, Boomer Esiason, Stan Humphries, Jim Harbaugh, Mark Brunell, Mark Sanchez, Jake Plummer, Shaun King, Jim Everret, Mark Rypien, Kramer, Chandler, should I go on??
    That´s not the way you measure a QB.
    Romo is a far better QB than Delhomme, he had a better team and a better coach around him, that is all.