1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Romo's public perception level is entering Delhomme levels

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,880 Messages
    3,924 Likes Received
    i'd rather be 5-11 if we're not going to make the playoffs. at least we'd get higher draft picks. niners followed that formula now they've surpassed us and have a team that will compete for many years.
  2. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    thats a very realistic fear to have. although the Quincy Carter days werent THAT bad, tbh. :D
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,600 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Romo's public perception is fine, I was actually surprised to see his approval rating was at 70% on an ESPN poll immediately after the Washington game. The Romo haters are just weirdos who I suspect don't even like football anyway, they're just front runners who are "too good" for 8-8 seasons in their own demented minds. Can't wait until Romo signs his extension, and wish I could be there to see the rage and frustration on every Romo haters face. This is as good a time as any for you to find a new team, boys. There's nothing left here for you front runners.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,996 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    At least Delhomme reached the Superbowl..
  5. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,641 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Romo was compared to a Super Bowl quarterback?
  6. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG NO! not an extension! We will be 8-8 until romo isnt are QB! He never has had a better record! He will never win a play in game! He will never win a playoff game! He will never win 2 division titles! He just chokes every game that matters, that's why he has nothing to show for being undrafted!:lmao::laugh2:
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,795 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    “Losing doesn't eat at me the way it used to. I just get ready for the next play, the next game, the next season.” - Troy Aikman
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,779 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received
    No it's not. You have been around here long enough to see some unbelievable stuff.
  9. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,983 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Danny White didn't choke his teams just weren't as good any more. I guess Marino choked and Elway choked until he got a dominant running game.
  10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    A little life experience may give some people better perspective.
  11. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,894 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    No kidding. Romo bails the offense out on a nearly weekly basis.

Combine that with fans being unable to determine who is to blame on an interception (ie, did the receiver not run the correct route)... And everything is thrown at his feet.

God forbid Romo has a bad game, because then we are sunk. We can't win when he a poor game. The team can't carry him on days like that. But we expect him to carry the team week in, week out.
  12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Excellent post. Romo bailed Garrett out time after time this season. We would not have even sniffed the playoffs without Tony Romo. The farther removed Garrett is from the offense, the better Romo will be. Upgrading the o-line wouldn't hurt either.
  13. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,632 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    :bow:
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,390 Messages
    6,394 Likes Received
    Exactly.

Meanwhile in D.C., Griffin can stink up the joint and still win a division deciding game.

There's your difference. I don't really care about public perception.
  15. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Thats cause if you really think about it he is. Like clockwork you can predict he will mess up in the worst ways.
  16. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Didnt Delhomme take his team to the SB? :laugh2:
  17. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Kapearnick 9 starts in the SB hahaha
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,339 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    That's a crock.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    Of course it is. It's not even a new crock.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,339 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    Total BS....and I was furious after that play too.

But I just rewatched the Washington game last night. Yes, still ticked off about that last throw. He looked very comfortable in that 4th quarter though and was moving the team very well and making some outstanding plays and decisions under pressure. He had just completed a nice gainer to Witten right before that play. They were looking good. He just got fooled there...plain and simple. The pressure cmae in about 1 second and he thought he had an outlet and let the ball go. Huge mistake...but not a choke. A mistake. He'd just passed for a TD and a pressure packed 2 pt conversion. The guy was not choking. he just failed on that one play. Plenty of time still, btw. But washington drove it down for the score and that was it.

He started that game poorly, looking way ouf synch. But he steadied the ship and we did not give up points to Washington on those early screwups (though we lost our chances, so still sucked). He played fine after the poor start. We went up 3-0 even after that bad start. They just controlled the ball and pressured us way to much.

What blew me away in rewatching the game was that I had forgot that right before they started that fateful drive near the end, the showed the stat of Romo the last 6 games...and how he had totally carried that team to be in playoff contention.

6 games. 8 TDs, 0 ints. 115 rating. 4 game winning drives and almost 5 vs NO. Total and completely carried the team....yet everyone only remembers than him getting fooled on that play vs Washington. Nothing else matters.

You can get fooled on a play-- even when you are starting to play well. It does not mean you choked. People that play sports usually understand that.