1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rookie Report on NFL DraftBlitz

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by EGTuna, May 10, 2004.

1. EGTuna

EGTuna Member

377 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  2. Klemster

Klemster New Member

59 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This ought to get the board going a little bit:

11. In Dallas, RB Julius Jones will get the most attention, and scrutiny, but the play of OT Jacob Rogers and OG Steve Peterman will determine how successful the Cowboys rookies are. De Facto rookie Drew Henson will finally, and mercifully end the Quincy Carter era in Dallas by week 5 (the week after the Cowboy’s bye week). The Quincy Carter era will be remembered in Dallas similarly to how the country remembers the Jimmy Carter era. Two Carters from Georgia, both of who never lived up to their not so high potential.
  3. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    "Especially look for John Clayton, or as I like to call him “The Anti-Guru” to make audacious claims like Houston will trade Babin and/or Robinson. (Seriously, does any so-called NFL Analyst get more info wrong than John Clayton? Was he behind the infamous headline, “Dewey Defeats Truman”? This past off-season he has linked every possible QB with the Dallas Cowboys EXCEPT Drew Henson. He claimed Dallas was after Brunell, Couch, and Garcia, when in actuality Parcells had about as much interest in those guys as he did in going to The Hard Rock Café in Vegas with Bill Belichek.) "

Hilarious!
  4. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Every fan here better hope that this is not the case because if it is we would be looking at an abysmal season. I for one like being in the thick of things and not kicked to the curb by week five.
  5. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,604 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    So true. It is almost at the point when I hear Clayton on tv or the radio that I should just change the channel. I heard him this weekend say that Kurt Warner will wind up with the Giants. Well I guess I can scratch the Giants off the Warner sweepstakes. :)
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Now that's funny.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    Parcells will insert Henson into the lineup when he feels Henson is ready and gives us the best chance of winning. If that happens this season then so be it.
  8. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Someone should email this to Mr. Clayton. I would love to see his reaction afterwards. :)
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    5. The offensive rookie of the year will be Ben Roethlisberger. Ben will start by week3, and having the benefit of stud wideouts Ward, Burress and Randle-El, will allow Ben to throw for 3200 yards, 24 TDs and 22 interceptions. Trailing Ben in the voting will be WR Reggie Williams, WR Larry Fitzgerald and RB Julius Jones.
  10. Mike 1967

Mike 1967 New Member

2,771 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a feeling that BP signed Keyshawn as much for his run blocking as he did for his catching.

We are going to see a heavy does of running this season.
  11. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    That is great and all but at some point we will have to pass the ball. Who would you rather have throwing it, an inexperienced rookie or the incumbent starter who led your team to the playoffs?
  12. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Then or when Coach is tired of watching Q blow one game after another.
  13. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    If that ends up being the case, I just hope if Carter is replaced it is because the guy in the wings is performing better
  14. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    That is all I am saying. If he is better then by all means let Henson start but let us not jump the gun and A)ruining a good QB and B) p*ss our season down the drain.
  15. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    I'm only interested in playing the best QB once Training camp and pre-season are done. If that ends up being Carter fine but I'll say the same for Hutch, Henson or Romo. Carter did not show enough to say he deserves the job without any competition.
  16. LoneStar22

LoneStar22 Benched

348 Messages
    0 Likes Received

People sometimes get so wrapped up into non-sense, then you see it bleed into the national media. That's why I love to turn off my radio if Galloway comes on the chatter box or some other Hater.

While Bill Parcels laughs at them for thinking they know anything about football and personel decisions within an NFL team. There are many intagebles that most of us wouldn't consider until we had to live it, if you don't realize that then you are truely in some other world.

BTW the first thing to come to my mind was that Jimmy Carter is still effecting the world community today after all these years, Quincy plays into his 40s?
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Do you double dog dare me?
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,875 Messages
    1,766 Likes Received
    Amen - when it happens - it happens.

One thing is certain (at least for me)............ it WILL happen.
  19. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    I have little doubt about that as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action this pre-season, at the very least we will get a chance to see where Henson is at this early stage of his career.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,875 Messages
    1,766 Likes Received
    Pre-season is indeed going to tell us a lot about Henson. I usually don't watch the pre-season games and when I do, it's without much anticipation.

That will change for me this year if Henson is in there.