1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: Rookie review: James Hanna

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,891 Likes Received
    Oh, not that he's anything special, but he seemed solid enough before he hurt his knee.

I guess I was disappointed because the way it was worded, it sounds like either he wants out or the team doesn't even want him back.

2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,821 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    The problem with Phillips is that Hanna has surpassed him as a receiving threat because of the vertical threat and mismatch opportunities he presents because of his athleticism. As the #3 TE, Phillips is too expensive and not a good enough in-line blocker to maintain his spot on the roster.

I hope Woicik gets Hanna stronger so that he can be a more effective in-line blocker than most of the other top receiving TEs. Hopefully Witten's modeling of a lunchpail work ethic rubs off on Hanna. If Hanna commits himself he can become a top TE with his athleticism and ball catching skills. It'd be nice if he were a dual threat like Witten instead of just a big WR. This would help create passing game mismatches in the 2-TE offense if defenses stay in their base alignment.

3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

40,975 Messages
    19,686 Likes Received
    I know it's your schtick to pretend-post like this, but I wonder: do you actually think anybody buys this? I mean, anybody? Witten-is-injury-prone?

Even for what it is, it's not believable or interesting as far as an opinion is concerned. It's really not.