1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Rookie review: James Hanna

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,662 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Oh, not that he's anything special, but he seemed solid enough before he hurt his knee.

I guess I was disappointed because the way it was worded, it sounds like either he wants out or the team doesn't even want him back.
  2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The problem with Phillips is that Hanna has surpassed him as a receiving threat because of the vertical threat and mismatch opportunities he presents because of his athleticism. As the #3 TE, Phillips is too expensive and not a good enough in-line blocker to maintain his spot on the roster.

I hope Woicik gets Hanna stronger so that he can be a more effective in-line blocker than most of the other top receiving TEs. Hopefully Witten's modeling of a lunchpail work ethic rubs off on Hanna. If Hanna commits himself he can become a top TE with his athleticism and ball catching skills. It'd be nice if he were a dual threat like Witten instead of just a big WR. This would help create passing game mismatches in the 2-TE offense if defenses stay in their base alignment.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,644 Messages
    4,520 Likes Received
    I know it's your schtick to pretend-post like this, but I wonder: do you actually think anybody buys this? I mean, anybody? Witten-is-injury-prone?

Even for what it is, it's not believable or interesting as far as an opinion is concerned. It's really not.