1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Roy said, "Next time... we'll get a pick or S. Moss will be on the ground, hurting."

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Qwickdraw, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He said in the locker room that he's over it and so is the team. He accepts responsibility for it.
    He followed by saying, "I promise you if they run it again... we'll get a pick or Santana Moss will be on the ground hurting. Point blank."

He was then asked about one of the 9ers next week that he grew up with (Otis Amey) and he said that Otis's mom wouldn't let him play with Roy when they were kids because she knew Roy was a headhunter.
    They asked if he has talked to him recently and he said, "Nah, nah. I don't want to talk to him. I'll talk to him on the field, point blank."

Say what you want, but I like "The Hammer" being on our side.
    Point blank.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who reported this? If it is in the newspaper, do you have a link?

- Mike G.
  3. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. PortisSkins

PortisSkins Benched

29 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'll have to catch Moss first.
  6. PortisSkins

PortisSkins Benched

29 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    (Point Blank)
  7. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Thats right baby! It almost makes it sweeter that they won <-- I know that sounds F'Ning insane. But now it is a rivarly again. LETS LIGHT EM UP DALLAS.
  8. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gotta love all these 1-3 post Skins fans. Guys been wanting to talk that crap for about 4-5 years now, so I will just let them have their day in the sun.

Although it is pretty sad that this was your Super Bowl.

- Mike G.
  9. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Sorry, but 10 years of domination is going to take more than just a one game one point two minute come from behind victory to make it a rivalry again.

Honestly, though, it seems like everytime the Cowboys did something in the 90s, i.e. won a SB, they lost to the Redskins once or twice in the season, and we've sucked horribly everytime we've beat them twice in a season.

So I don't mind losing to them as long as we hoist the Lombardi. ;)
  10. DMX690

DMX690 Active Member

579 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Yeah whatever, Roy. You been saying this crap for the last two seasons man. How bout you stop talking about it and just let your action speak for itself.
  11. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought about that yesterday too. Every year we won the SuperBowl we've lost to the skins. I hear them talking junk I sit there because I haven't bragged about beating them in so long because it was second nature to me. I see around Christmas time I'll start her back up.
  12. Martice

Martice Member

958 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Don't worry DMX, the pain will subside from Monday night soon enough and your vision won't be as clouded as it appears to be right now.

Roy is the truth! Even if you can't see it in front of your face.
  13. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Shouldn't Roy have picked it off or put Santana on the ground the SECOND time he got beat deep?
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A day late and a dollar short, Roy.
  15. Martice

Martice Member

958 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yes he could've and should have. However, you can say the same thing about BP not making defensive adjustments after the first time.

You can also say why with the game on the line and time running out, did Drew settle for his first read which was short of the first down instead of making the big throw (Witten wide open)?

You can also say that Dat should've made a better attempt at making the open field tackle on Brunell when he took off on that 4th and forever run?

Couldn't you say that Glenn should've knocked the first TD pass down instead of trying to pick it off?

Finally, shouldn't you let this go by now so that we can move on to the next game with renewed hope and energy that our team needs for this long season?
  16. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received

Pssst, you did notice my handle right? I am a Redskins fan ;)

See you good folks in December, and stay safe for those of you in Rita's path
  17. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Skins you need to focus on the following Gibbs quote from his radio show that aired yesterday. "I'm glad we have an off week, this was an emotional game. We are drained. It was pure bedlem in the locker room after the game."

Seems to me that you guys shot your load in week two.
  18. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,019 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    If you listened to Roy's or Parcells' interviews today, Roy wasn't the one who messed up the coverage. Both of them explained that. Roy was saying that next time, they won't be in that coverage, and the Redskins will pay.
  19. Justis

Justis New Member

572 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Music to my ears. What's that someone's figured out that Zimmer is incompetent? About dang time!
  20. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Roys tude. Next game with the Skins Santana Moss better hope he does not catch the ball anywhere near Roy Williams. If he does Roy might end his season for him. I just have a feeling Williams in the next Skins game will be looking to knock Moss out and hard.

Roy is pissed. Some unlucky 49er or 49ers are gonna get hit by him next week. Ouch.