1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Royal Baby

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CanadianCowboysFan, Jul 22, 2013.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Royal Baby will be born soon to William and Kate.

It is funny though how the Royal Baby is getting so much coverage in the USA even though you overthrew your monarchy 237 years ago.
    Section444 likes this.
  2. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

685 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I wish I understood why this is getting so much coverage. Tired of listening to this BS. Who cares.
    Section444 and Future like this.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,520 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Doesn't bother me either way. If Americans want to get excited about the Royal Baby, they are FREE to do so. Doesn't bother me at all. It's not like it's someone texting at the movies or anything.
    Wheeltax and FiveRings like this.
  4. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,733 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    LOL
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Stupid royal baby. The extensive coverage of Kim & Kanye's kid is more fathomable than this one, at least half of Kim/Kanye did something to achieve fame
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,973 Messages
    3,181 Likes Received

Same here. I guess I don't watch enough gossip shows or the like to see all of it. Seen a headline one of the news sites but other than that have not noticed it.
    Rack Bauer likes this.
  7. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

685 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    It is not in the gossip shows guys. It is on the radios and it is even on New York Times Main page.

PS: I don't watch any gossip programs or any programs in that sense. This thing is in my morning news channel, my newspaper, my radio. How is it possible to avoid this stupidity. Oh by the way I came to work, I was trying to get my coffee, two girls were talking about the sex of the baby. Kill me. Grab a gun and kill me.
  8. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

944 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Were we re-colonized when I wasn't looking?? SMH.
  9. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,346 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Could you clarify which one you're referencing, 'cus they both suck?
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    It's a boy so after Liz, will be three Kings in a row!
  11. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I'm a girl so I like the royal baby coverage. It's better than endless Zimmerman coverage & Detroit going bankrupt. I'm shallow that way.:p
    Shunpike likes this.
  12. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Kanye fan or not you can't deny that he's a musician, created his fame for himself, not by being born into the right family
  13. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    i totally agree.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  14. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

685 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    You agree that she is totally shallow? oh my, oh my :p
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,285 Messages
    1,757 Likes Received
    I'm always a bit amazed when the Royal family gets the coverage they do here in the US. I can't imagin having a figure head getting paid with my tax money to live a life of luxtury. Oh well those who enjoy all the hoopla over the Royals enjoy.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received

You pay your Senators and various other reps to be nothing more than figure heads for the lobbyist :p
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,225 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
    They get voted into office though:D
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,285 Messages
    1,757 Likes Received
    They actually have a vote and can be booted out of power The Royal family has no say in matters
  19. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,325 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Its unbelievable over here. BBC news24 today was around 55 mins of this, quick weather and sport update and a vague mention of a guy going to court for a terrorism/murder charge per hour all day. Interviewed a random woman in a maternity ward in Birmingham who gave birth yesterday for her take on it. Then we get told how the world was waiting with baited breath, the joy it brought to the country etc. anyone not in agreement heavily frowned upon basically putting forward the "if you've nothing nice to say" argument. Missing the point that people will feel compelled to point out their indifference if you continually ram down their throats how overjoyed the whole country is.
  20. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    I am glad it's only half the news here cause i couldn't care much less then i already do. Royalty is the 21st century is ******** they serve no purpose at all and i really don't see why we should all bow down to these inbreeds and worship them as our betters. I don't take much comfort in the fact that they have no real powers that to me only makes it worse
    CowboyMcCoy likes this.