1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dboy214, Dec 29, 2011.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So let's assume that rumor is true-- what sense would it make to rid themselves of one "troublemaker", then turn around and sign the king of troublemakers??

If the Cowboys are indeed sick of the endless drama surrounding Dez and his finances, how do you think they'd take Jackson's act??
  2. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I purely hope that the claim that they like Janoris Jenkins is garbage, too... don't want that punk anywhere near our team...
  3. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:puke:

Just say no to drugs, just say no to druggies...
  4. poost

poost Member

625 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    They drafted Murray in the third. I'll take him over Mallett any day.
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Here you go silverbear,
    I guess DeSean was certain that his contract situation would be resolved so he didn’t worry about taking an advance. If you recall, DeSean was balling out over the summer in Las Vegas, Miami and even spent $25,000 in about 30 minutes at a club in L.A. on bottle service.
    http://jocksandstilettojill.com/201...ke-borrowing-money-from-agent-drew-rosenhaus/
    Financial literacy. It’s so important for these guys to understand how money works, investing etc. This why 78% of NFL players are broke within two years of retirement.
  6. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, it's OK if you don't know Latin, joe... :D
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Either there or SF, I would put my money down on those two.
  8. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received

Does SF really want to deal with 2 Diva receivers on their roster?
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    this thread is...:bang2:

If it looks, walks and talks like a turd it's........Desean Jackson....I hate that kid. Lil' punk. I've said for a few years, someone WILL line him up and end his career, it's just a matter of time. Plus....WR is a position of strength...same with RB: Murray, Jones and Tanner are more than adequate.

Our defense is a MESS and needs help everywhere but Ware & Lee's spots...the other 10 should be up for grabs: seriously. Then there's the Oline..........meh, not enough time to adequately address that mess: in an nutshell Smith to LT and Free to RT: replace the other 3. We should concentrate on higher picks the next FOUR drafts on both interior lines, LB's and DB's...... QB? That's tough, but remember Romo was an undrafted FA and Brady was a 6th rounder...they are out there.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,193 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    it is the classic good news, bad news scenario

good news:

we already have our franchise QB, OLB, potential franchise LT

we can address most of our other important needs effectively this off season (via FA and draft)

bad news:

we have a football idiot running our front office so it is unlikely we will do a good job of it
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,996 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    For those in an uproar about the suggestion that the Cowboys may go after Jackson, I see it as an insurance policy in the event that a Robinson deal may not get done. If I'm not mistaken, the Cowboys can't begin negotiations with him until after the season. There's nothing wrong with having a backup plan.

As for Forte, the only way I see this happening is if Felix is traded. He hasn't been the most reliable guy in terms of durability since he has been here. Again, having a plan in place is not a bad idea.

If the Cowboys haven't begun working on some sort of draft board by now, I'd be concerned.
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,996 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Michael Irvin did drugs....just sayin....