1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by koolaid, Feb 19, 2012.

1. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Hey everybody, I just read a pretty decent article on Wilson.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/31367/russell-wilson-ready-for-big-combine

It got me excited for the combine. Where do guys think Russell will go in the draft? If I had to take a stab at it I would guess somewhere in the 3rd round. I do think Russell could do really well as an NFL starter. He is very smart, a good athlete, accurate and careful with the football. He learned Wisconsin's playbook in no time so I don't think he will have a problem learning an NFL offense. Honestly, I think Wilson is a better prospect than Ponder was last year and I think he will eventually get a shot at starting somewhere. A team like Denver would be really smart to take him somewhere in the middle of the draft.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Cfl Imo
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Nowhere before the 6th round. Too small with not a strong enough arm. I think he'll end up someone's practice next year though.
  4. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I agree that is his biggest weakness. I think his arm strength is adequate, but he definitely doesn't have a cannon. His ability to throw accurately on the run and read the field make up for it though IMO.
    As far as the size thing goes, it will definitely be something NFL teams hold against him. It will likely be the number one reason he won't be taken in the top half of the draft.
  5. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Dennis Dixon
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    He'll be in the NFL, but I say 6th round in the earliest. He will get a chance to play himself out of the league at the very least.
  7. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not interested in even taking a flyer on him. I wish him the best of luck, but I don't see an NFL QB. *****, I'm 5'10 and I can't even imagine trying to see a football field over an NFL offensive line. I don't know why he doesn't try a position switch or just try to live out a career in baseball.
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I don't think he or the boise state qb will even be drafted. Too small, weak arms
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......Cousins outplayed them both badly at the senior bowl. They are UFA's for sure.