1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RW: Peter King suggests that the Bengals are extremely high on TCU QB Andy Dalton

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 18, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Andy Dalton - QB - Player SI's Peter King suggests that the Bengals are extremely high on TCU QB Andy Dalton.
    King notes that Cincy will have had five contacts with Dalton (interviews, workouts, meal) before the draft. "It's getting very hard for [Cincinnati offensive coordinator] Jay Gruden to hide how much he loves Andy Dalton," one quarterback coach told King. If the Bengals pass on Blaine Gabbert at No. 4, they may sit back trade up from their second-round slot to nab Dalton
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Note, this will more than likely push a player down to us in 2nd round and possibly 3rd, because bengals if they trade up will have to give up a 3rd rounder to move back up in 1st round.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    Seems like there are a few that really like Dalton. :D

He might not have that rocket arm that many teams like in a QB, but that is probably about the only area he is not top notch in.

Love the kid. Gym Rat, Always studying plays, strives to be better each year, true leader on the field, no trouble off the field. Quick to learn.

Just a guy that I think has a future in the league whether it be as a starter or backup.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Yep, remember Joe Montana, he didnt have a rocket arm, not saying dalton is a montana type player, but he is smart and technician of the game in football

:starspin
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    Plus he is a ginger like Red (cue ominous music)
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Colts like him alot also but doubt they take him round 1. Both their lines need help.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    I like Dalton myself, while it is true he does not have a rocket for an arm the position is not based on how strong your arm is. I have seen some big arm QB's who looked like crud. I would much rather have a QB who can make the quick reads and get the ball out quickly.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    When I reported how interested Jason Garrett was in him people had a fits.

Bet they don't have the same fits over other teams agreeing with Jason Garrett's interest.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    No, I still think it's crazy to think Andy Dalton could be a top NFL QB, no matter who believes it.

If a very QB-poor team wants someone as a stopgap to improve what they've had, that's one thing. But I don't ever see Dalton winning a Superbowl.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think what does it is the fact that Dalton is a very accurate QB. (that carries a lot of weight) Then the fact that he doesn't make many mistakes AND being a student of the game. Polish it off with the fact that he is the first in and last out of the facility, a natural leader, and of good character doesn't hurt either.

While he isn't the perfect physical QB, the kid has a lot of things to like about him.