1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ryan broyles torn acl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,841 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Stock drops. Give me that kid, I'll wait on him.

3rd or 4th all time in career receiving yards
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That freakin' sucks. Perfect slot receiver.
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I dunno, depends on how his knees can handle those cuts that he excels at when running routes. His game was never predicated on speed or explosiveness. If his knee fully recovers, he'd be a steal. Looks like the other smaller WRs like Jarius Wright, Kendall Wright, and Marquis Maze will now rise, especially Kendall Wright
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I'd put a bid on him in the 5th round or so if he was still available.

We have bigger needs but he would be value at that part of the draft.

I really hope Jerry gets around to extending Laurent Robinson before too long. Romo and him seem to have very good chemistry and I love his hands and adjustment to the ball in flight. I think he could be a 1000 yard receiver in this offense.

If the OL ever gets righted, I would love to see Austin, Dez and Robinson all out there at the same time torching secondaries and putting deep pressure on the defense creating lots of room for Witten to operate.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,662 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    I wonder how good a pro he'll be. He's not big or fast. Broyles is really dependable, but I kind of like Stills better.
  6. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,594 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    This is the kind of scenario that New England, with all their extra picks, can take a chance and draft him in the 2nd round.

Of course, that's what all the draft experts said about New England drafting Bruce Carter last year.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,238 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    That so sucks for him.
  8. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd take him in 2 w/o even blinking.

3rd round would be a total steal.

Konz, Broyles, Zeitler and I wet myself.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,297 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    It's a damn shame. He'd have rewrote the record books.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,228 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    Well I know who our 2nd round pick will be.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    sucks, indeed. with that said it could be a blessing for us..we likely wouldnt have had a shot at him if he stayed healthy, now we have more of a chance at landing him because his stock will fall..he is my favorite WR in the country, I also think he is the BEST Wr in the country..not many agree with me..but we will see how it plays out
  12. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    same here..id be thrilled w him in the 2nd
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Ehh...he's probably a mid 3rd rounder at the earliest now. Maybe even later depending on how he works out (if he's even able to by then). Even without the injury, he would've been an early 2nd rounder at best. I don't think he'd have been a 1st rounder considering you don't usually spend a 1st on a potential slot WR that doesn't have exceptional speed/athleticism.
  14. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I actually agree with everything you said expect your thought that Broyles doesn't possess "exceptional speed/athleticism."

He may not be DeSean Jackson, but he has good functional speed for the position. Even greater though is the fact has tremendous balance and quickness.

I think he could drop past the 3rd round because the team that drafts him runs the risk of maybe having to "redshirt" him for a year. He's on a similiar timeline as Bruce Carter.
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,662 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I would add another guy to that list that would be available later in the draft since we probably won't look for a WR early, Joe Adams. He is quick as a hiccup in small spaces, and its a great punt returner......something we need desparately.
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup, Joe Adams would be a good one. He's having sort of a disappointing year, so I think he may drop a bit where we could be interested.

Team priorities and reality be darned, my "pet" WR for this draft is Kendall Wright. He reminds me a lot of Greg Jennings with a hint of Mike Wallace to his game.
  18. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Yeah, Joe will drop and could even go undrafted, but would be a good pickup for this teams needs. I like Kendall, along with Jarius and Maze (another good punt returner), but I figure they will all be gone after the 4th round, probably too high for us as we have far higher other needs at the moment. Although, if one of them drops, look out.