1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ryan Matthews Visiting Foxboro

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 22, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Ryan Matthews Visiting Foxboro

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2010/03/ryan-matthews-visiting-foxboro.html

[IMG]

Fresno State running back Ryan Matthews will be visiting the facilities at Patriot Place in the coming days. Kurt Coleman of OSU is the only other confirmed player to visit the Patriots so far for the 2010 NFL Draft.

Ryan Matthews had an impressive junior season, backed up by great performances at the NFL Combine. He is an effective inside runner as well as having the breakaway speed to get to the edge.

Matthews is pretty raw in the passing game, needing to shore up his blocking/route-running. That said, Matthews is a top-notch prospect that could easily be off the board in the late 1st round of the NFL Draft.
  2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,841 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    This is not thread worthy

:(
  3. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    well i thought those that are trying to figure out what players are interested in my other teams, that way may leave us out from getting that player, with all of the patriots draft picks now, i think they will have about 12 or so
  4. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With all due respect.

Who cares?
  5. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    ^^^^^^^^
    This is not post worthy!

Thanks for sharing the info joe.
  6. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Ohhhhhh, they all got me, :horse: :rake: :cry2: :explode:
  7. MarionBarberThe4th

11,841 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Joe youre the best! About 28.4% of your threads per day are out of nowhere and dont really register.

Thats ok though b/c youre the man.
  8. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Just to be clear, my comment was directed at MBthe4th's post, not you.
  9. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    ok thanks, i was just trying to be funny and laugh at myself,

cant hit all the posts all the time, but i try to give you all what i find;

appreciate the posts too; :eek::
  10. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    thanks eithostar and marionbarber
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    New England will probably draft him and turn him into a Pro Bowler in 6 games.
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

11,841 Messages
    69 Likes Received

Doubtful since they suck at drafting
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    Yeah they only won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls and dominated the 2000-2010 decade because they built their team through the draft, but yeah they just suck at it.

:rolleyes:
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

11,841 Messages
    69 Likes Received

What have they done after they got lucky w/ Brady and cheated?

When was their last playoff win?
  15. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    i think your both right on patriots, they do a good job on the draft, and they got real lucky with tom brady and cheating.

I am sure if anyone on this board would agree with me, if it was the dallas cowboys that got caught cheating, Goodell would have thrown the book at us.

Reports are that Goodell and the Patriots and Kraft are buddy buddies etc...
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

11,841 Messages
    69 Likes Received

17. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Ok, here is what happened to the patriots like the cowboys in late 80's.

First, lets go back to the Cowboys in the early 70's. How did they stay atop for so many years? They made big trades, like for Ed Too Tall Jones, Randy White, and Tony Dorsett.

Same thing happened to Patriots before the superbowl, they had the good drafts because they were picking at the top of the drafts before they started winning superbowls. Along with Brady and their cheating.

Next they got wes welker and randy moss in super trades that kept them atop again for awhile.

Now, after so many years, you start picking in the lower bottom of the draft, you dont get the quality players and your good players get more beat up and older.

This happened to the cowboys mid 80's and late 80's till Jimmy Johnson came and rebuilt the cowboys with good players through the draft and trading for players like Charles Haley and Thomas Everett. Jimmy also had some big name players with high draft picks, like Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith 17th pick, Russell Maryland, Alvin Harper, Kevin Smith to name a few. These were all picks above the 18th pick in the first round. You have to have some big name impact players on your team to help you. Even impact wr Michael Irvin was a 18th pick in first round.

So, in the draft, you have to be smart, never ever reach for a player in the draft, and you look at where you think the nucleus of the draft is, like the 49ers did in mid 80s draft, when they got ratham, charles haley, etc...

If say for example if its a top 1st and 2nd round draft, you load up there, or say like when the 49ers drafted they loaded up with players from 2nd round to 5th round.

In other words, you do your homework, trust your scouts and your board. Never ever reach, and let the draft come to you. Yes, sometimes you have to trade up a few spots or down to accomplish your goals, but you do your homework. Know where the best prospects are and always take best player available when your draft spot comes up. Like one year, the 49ers traded up in front of us and got Jerry Rice.

You always build through the draft, and add key veteran free agents in the draft, along with good trades here and there.
  18. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Mattews ends up San Diego