1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

S Rolle Rolling Into Free Agency?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 27, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    S Rolling Into Free Agency?

Based on the comments made by Cardinals vice president of football operations Rod Graves, safety Antrel Rolle is probably going to hit free agency at some point. Rolle is due a $2.8 million roster bonus, and with so much money already being committed to fellow safety Adrian Wilson, Arizona would need to restructure Rolle's contract somehow in order to keep him. But even if Rolle does get a chance to swim in free-agent waters, Graves promised he would still be in the mix to bring him back to the desert because he has made the transition from corner so well.
  2. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Go get him Jerry!
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this is true and Jerry doesn't hop on this then I will be upset.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I doubt we will go after him unless the deal is simply too good not to.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,147 Messages
    1,118 Likes Received
    That's pretty much how we always operate. The last FA we went after hard was Leonard Davis. Everyone else, the contract had to be right.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Yep, and I think it works fairly well. Guys who come here now put team first.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rolle is only 27 and getting better... I think Dallas is keeping a close eye on that situation. Dump Ken Hamlin and allow Mike Hamlin to take over at SS.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    From everything I have heard he is not a GREAT improvement on Hamlin. And just how much would he cost?
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    I guess that's the great question. Is he better than K Hamlin?
  10. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I think Rolle would be a definite upgrade for us. If we could get him for the right price I'm all for it.
  11. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    318 Likes Received

For starters, Hamlin's team let him go and he didn't sign till late in FA. Rolle's team is putting up a fight to keep him so I don't know what brought you to that judgement.
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,033 Messages
    1,812 Likes Received
    What is the fascination people on this board have with this guy? I didn't see any Cardinals DB make a single play in the playoff games against Green Bay or Minnesota. Is he any good?

13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,147 Messages
    1,118 Likes Received
    Well you have to also keep in mind the context of the situation we're in right now.

Hamlin is going to make 5.6 million in 2010 while Troy Polamalu is going to make 6.4. Is the difference in their play 1 million dollars? I sure a hell think not.

If we keep Hamlin, then we are paying him top safety money, and he simply isn't a top safety. This is our best opportunity to get rid of him, whether it's for a draft pick, FA or player already on the roster.