1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: SA: Jones has ‘great visit’ with Bryant

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 1, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

13,479 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Jones has ‘great visit’ with Bryant

Posted on 07/31/2012 by Tom Orsborn

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2012/07/jones-has-great-visit-with-bryant/

OXNARD, Calif. – Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he had a “great visit” Tuesday with troubled wide receiver Dez Bryant.

“We talked extensively,” Jones said.

It was the first conversation Jones has had with Bryant since police arrested the third-year player on July 16 for a misdemeanor family violence charge. Jones said he waited to talk to Bryant because his emotions were running too high after the arrest.

“As a daddy sometimes, you’re not supposed to spank when you’re mad,” Jones said. “Like I said the other day, I wanted to get my information (before I talked to him), but I also wanted to get my mind right so we could have a good talk about things.”...
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,705 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    It took Daddy Jerruh 2 weeks to get control of his emotions? :lmao2:

Seriously, the Owner/GM cant handle a lil thing like a misdemeanor arrest of a street kid with a horrible mom situation and he has to wait 2 weeks to talk about it.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,917 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    This is all PR BS. They are not going to really tell you what happened.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

13,479 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Really think he is a fresh pup newly arriving at the dance? I sure don't, and think the message was a strong one and had the desired effect. How one handles issues as the top line of accountability, is totally his to call upon. The head coach, in charge of personnel related interactions, already took control and had conversations.

What, one thinks he, Jason Garrett, is unable to communicate and relay up in the chain of command? I don't.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

13,479 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Discretion sometimes has a place and does justice to merit.

I don't think that Dez either missed the message or was abused by what was taken his direction from the organization.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,843 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    Cowboys and Jones has talked to him, he is going out and having a good camp thus far. No need to beat a dead horse, Dez needs to keep his focus on the task and hand.
  7. elcowboi

elcowboi Member

826 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I totally agree.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,843 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    Not the 1st time, When Irvin got in trouble it was jerry he turned to. Funny as many fans that do not like Jerry many past players think very highly of him and have turned to Jerry in tough times and he has been there for them.

Media and fan preception if far from reality
  9. elcowboi

elcowboi Member

826 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Jerry introduced Mike into the HOF. That says a lot to me.