1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: SAEN: Kelly downplays his schooling of Kiffin back in their college days

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 16, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

22,603 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    SAN ANTONIO – Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly downplayed how his Oregon teams routinely produced big offensive numbers against USC, when its defense was coordinated by Monte Kiffin.

The Kelly-coached Ducks averaged 601 yards and 50 points against Kiffin’s Trojan defenses, a big reason why Oregon won two of those three games, including a 62-51 win last November in which the Ducks amassed 730 yards.

“I think in anything you do, football is a players’ game,” Kelly said Wednesday in a conference call with the Dallas media to promote Sunday’s Cowboys-Eagles showdown in Philadelphia.

“I was fortunate when I was at Oregon to have outstanding players …I have the utmost respect for Monte. It’s been unbelievable to face him. What he’s doing in Dallas is different than what he’s doing in the college. We have different guys. There’s not a whole lot of studying SC tape…with Sean Lee running out there…He’s got different personnel…Two outstanding corners (in Brandon Carr and Mo Claiborne). He’s got an outstanding MLB, who, for some reason, makes every single tackle when you turn the tape on.”

Continue reading...