1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sam Hurd Indicted By Feds Over Drug Charges

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 4, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,708 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Former Cowboys and Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd was indicted Wednesday by a Federal Grand Jury in Dallas on cocaine distribution charges, along with his co-conspirator Toby Lujan.

Hurd was arrested December 14, 2011 in Chicago after meeting with an undercover agent where he was interested in buying five to10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Lujan, 26 of Dallas.

In addition to the federal charge, prosecutors have moved to seize all property that may have come from illegal drug dealing.

READ: Federal Indictment – USA vs Samuel George Hurd III

Read more: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/01/04/sam-hurd-indicted-by-federal-grand-jury/
  2. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    If he would've had the sense to walk away when that guy got pulled over in his Escalade with the $88K he could have saved himself so much trouble! That should have been a warning. Now, I'm reading they want the $88K back and Sam faces 10 to life for the conspiracy and 40 years for the possesion when he walked out of the steakhouse with the coke.

Why would he trust a guy that worked at an auto mechanic shop in Coppell? I wonder if he knew that guy very well?
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Thug life...
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    What a waste of a life.
  5. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    26 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    This whole story depresses me since I really thought Hurd was a RKG. Just goes to show you never know.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    What is an RKG.
  8. Hoofbite

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Real kinky guy.

burms a freak.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    coming from hoof that is a complement
  10. Hoofbite

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I posted this before I read your response in the Oklahoma thread and once I read that response, I knew this was coming.
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very sad to see a young man throw his life away while embarrassing his family in the process.
  12. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Guy was a punk, hung out with TO too much and took on an attitude of entitlement, but at least TO didn't do drugs, his drug of choice was media narcissism, i guess Hurd's ego thought he was even above the law.

Good riddance to hard time, forget the his life being destroyed, think of the damage he did to communities by pedaling a hard drug trade.