1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SB Nation Says Cowboys Take...Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State, Really?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Mar 3, 2014.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,446 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...texans-falcons-jadeveon-clowney-blake-bortles

16. Dallas Cowboys - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

The Cowboys' struggles in the secondary were plainly obvious toward the end of the 2013 season. Multiple upgrades are needed, and Bradley Roby would be a nice place to start. He has the athletic upside to be a shutdown corner, but his floor is as a quality starter in the NFL.

48. Dallas Cowboys - Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

Timmy Jernigan is just the type of gap-shooting defensive tackle the Cowboys need in their four-man front. He's a steal at this spot.

I know, this is the wrong board. But thought this was....interesting.

Now go see where Aaron Donald is picked.

I am not a college football expert. So this may be smart, it may be dumb. You'll have to tell me.

But from the prevalent thinking in one of the threads here, this could be a disaster if it went this way.

Opinions?
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,470 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    I could see one of the top two CBs...those two are special, but if the top DL, OL, And LB prospects are gone, there will be a special CB or WR still there.

We will definitely get a quality player at 16 or trade down for a DL and extra pick.
  3. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,539 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    Big Fan of BPA - you take Deion Sanders right out of FSU if you have the chance - even where we are now. Roby is not that. Coupled with the current CB investment, Carr, Mo, OScan, this would be legitimately time to dust off pitchforks, torches and kerosene.

I can see cases for DL, Safety, LB, OL, QB, WR (order of need). However, I saw somewhere Sammy Watkins falling to 16. That looks interesting.
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    This would make risen star's head explode......and I might add mine too
    Risen Star likes this.
  5. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

971 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    If Roby is BPA and you don't trade back then yes you take him and move on. I prefer pass rush but hell even if Ebron is there and BPA i'm taking him and not thinking twice. Take the best player that's how you get depth.
  6. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,539 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    But, he would pile up the likes like with more material - It's still a win for him :)
    Risen Star and bark like this.
  7. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    You'd be surprised, with as big of a bust as Claiborne has been?
  8. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,216 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Jerry can be bad but that would be a painfully obvious bad decision to take any DBs round 1. It's clear these guys don't have a Cowboys "guy". We all understand the needs and concerns at DL and OLB.