1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SC Clowney hit vs Michigan - Outback Bowl 2013

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Dallas, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Unbelievable hit AND he recovers the fumble. WooooOoo!!!

[youtube]ENuZHnQlqX0[/youtube]
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If he comes out he will probably be the #1 pick in this years draft.
  3. FanSince61

FanSince61 Thanks for the memories Dandy

865 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    He did not agree with the official giving Michigan that first down!!!

What a hit.

He can not come out this year, he has to play one more year of college ball.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,542 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    Would love it if he could but I don't believe he can enter the draft this year. I think you have to be out of HS for 3 years and as I recall, Clowney was the top HS recruit of 2010 so he can not declare for another year yet. He does not have to play another season of Football necessarily but he does have to be 3 years out of HS I believe.
  5. FanSince61

FanSince61 Thanks for the memories Dandy

865 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    True, he does not have to play football, but I do not think he will sit out the year.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    This was a huge hit, but really, it's not that hard for someone to make that hit when they weren't blocked at all. Juss' sayin'...
  7. ABQCOWBOY

34,542 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    I don't either but I'm specifically talking about a Redshirt or MedShirt type situation. Also, some kids might attend a JC or Prep School prior to signing on with a major University and can also declare after 3 years.

That was all I was trying to explain.
  8. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,218 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    About to say the same. The man wasn't even blocked but man, what a hit.
  9. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,408 Messages
    549 Likes Received
    The thing is, Clowney has been making hits like that all season. That wasn't even the only one he laid in yesterdays game. He clocked the running back again for a loss when Michigan had first and goal late in the fourth, just schooled the left tackle.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

34,542 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    Clowney is getting clean releases because he has freakish athletic ability and, perhaps the best footwork for a man his size, I've seen since maybe Peppers.

If he could declare this year, he would be the first guy off the board IMO.
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,464 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    As a UGA fan, I love Jarvis Jones, and think he will be a star in the NFL. But Clowney will be even better.
  12. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:

Someone added this to Clowney's wiki page.

Clowney helped South Carolina achieve a record of 11-2 (6-2 SEC), capped off with a 33-28 victory over the Michigan Wolverines. He finished the season tied for third in the nation for total sacks in a season. Clowney has amassed 54 tackles (40 solo), 23.5 tackles for loss, 13.0 sacks and a 3 forced fumbles. He set school records for most sacks and tackles for loss in a single season. Along with being a Consensus All-American, Clowney won the Ted Hendricks Award as the nation's best defensive end. Additionally, he was a finalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Lombardi Award, and finished 6th overall in the 2012 Heisman Trophy voting. [6]. In the Outback Bowl, Clowney obliterated the entire state of Michigan when he hit Wolverines' running back Vincent Smith and forced a fumble. There are only 49 states in the United States and Roger Goodell has suspended Clowney for the first game of his NFL career.
  13. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received

Thats funny man ... Goodell suspension really makes me chuckle.
  14. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,731 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Spurrier said Clowney could have gone straight from HS to the pro's.

He is a man.