1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Scandricks contract and Mike Jenkins

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by OklahomaCowboy88, Sep 29, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    again that bonus all doesn't count against the cap. it is prorated over the life of the contract at 1.18 a year. he was going to count that much towards the cap but that gave him that money in a bonus to keep his cap number low to free up space. They did the same for Free.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/orlando-scandrick/

you need to read your entire article on your own link
    "On further inspection, however, it appears that the Cowboys restructured Scandrick's deal on March 13, during the great salary purge of 2012. His cap hit for 2012 has thus been reduced to a more manageable $2.98M"
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...have-they-learned-from-past-contract-blunders
  2. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    no im glad he is here but I just know he is gone after this year
  3. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    ok so you cut him and it will cost an extra 2.74 million than to keep him then you have to sign jenkins at what price.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You think based on the facts that he'll be gone. That's fine. You don't know something that the Cowboys front office doesn't even know yet.

Same with those guys during TC saying they KNOW Spencer is gone next year. Its just annoying. Sorry.

..and no offense, but for all the moaning you're doing about Jenkins and all the false stuff you've said about how crappy his play supposedly is, if you do want him here you sure don't act like it.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    If it is actually 2.74 million more, than that's a different story.. but again, from the chart made by BTB, it looks like it would be just about a million extra to cut him. Like i said, if that is the truth, i'd do it in a second and not think twice about it unless Scandrick all of a sudden makes a substantial improvement this season.
  6. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    what facts did I ever lie about, he did hold out, he didn't come to any of the OTAs. He also asked for a trade. But he is here now and playing and thats great, go mike help us out as much as you can.

I just know there is no way he is coming back next year. I hope I am wrong but I hope we don't over pay and skip on fixing the OL just so we can have him.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Not coming to the OTA's isn't a holdout. lol He was rehabbing down in Florida.

There was media speculation that he was unhappy with his contract and demanded a trade, but no evidence to ever prove any of that. Just more shoddy journalism from writers trying to stir up controversy.

You also said that while he has been a solid cover corner in the past, he is not now and won't ever be again. Also a ridiculously silly statement.

Edit:

What else have you mistated or outright lied about?

Said he is always injured, said he is small for a cb, said he whiffs on tackles all the time, said he always moves to get out of the way of tackles, said he's only ever had one good year..

Shall i go on? lol
  8. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    right here add it up
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/orlando-scandrick/

his cap hit next year is 3.78 million.
    if he is cut you will have to take the prorated signing bonus total of 1.8 million plus the prorated restructure bonus of 4.72 and get a total cap hit of 6.52 just to release him. Thats a difference of 6.52-3.78=2.74 million.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    If that is the case, then i agree it would be tough to release him.
  10. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    i never said he wont be again. I just said he isn't a starter on this team. he may very well be a good cover CB next year and in the future but it wont be here. I said he was small. Thats my opinion. He is smaller than Carr and Claiborne. You can look at height and weight all you want but I look at actual size and bulk. you look at it your way I will mine.
    When we play the nickel, who are the three CBs out there? Its Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick in the slot. Not Jenkins. Jenkins is a out side CB. If he had any future with this team we wouldn't have went after Carr and Claiborne. I was ready to role with Carr and jenkins and was surprised that we traded up for Claiborne in the draft. But that just told me that they weren't going to give another big contract to another CB on this team.
  11. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    like it or not money plays a role in this. Same goes for Free. He playing like **** now but what do you do. Release him and take the hit. I think we have to since his hit isn't that bad.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Eh.. i give Free some time to work it out. He's adjusting back to a different role that he has played pretty well for us in the past.
  13. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I will give him the year, but at the end of the year if he still sucks we have to take the savings and let him walk. I would make him a june 1st cut. I would take Loadholt who will be a free agent over Free right now. But hopefully Free will straighten up. but if we keep Free he will be a 11 million cap hit. Is he worth that.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I would think we would move to restructure that. There may be one or two OT's in the entire league worth that kind of cap hit.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Anyway, good debate. Show Jenk a bit more love though, haha.. he's worked and played hard for us and given us some really good years. Whether we find a way to keep him or he moves on i'll always respect what he did here and if we lose him im sure he'll go somewhere else and continue his solid play.

Night everyone. Get some sleep, ha. Long day of football watchin tomorrow!

:D
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,671 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Jenkins is a probowl quality CB when healthy and the price of FAs specially CBs goes up drastically every year. If he keeps playing like he did Sunday for the rest of the season he'll get payed big time in FA, probably more then Carr
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,175 Messages
    2,759 Likes Received
    We'll see about that. Besides, what makes you think he wants to be a Cowboy?
  18. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I have no clue but who to say he doesn't want to be. I just think Jerry should go after him, all he can say is no.
  19. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    he will get paid else where I agree, but no way will it be more than Carr.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Eh, i wouldn't be so sure about that.. every year the premium for talent goes up.

Look at the deal Mario Williams got last offseason, 22 million more than Ware got over the same amount of years. Is Mario even close to the player Ware is?

Of course not, but he's being paid as if he is.. and the talent level of Carr and Jenkins is much closer, at least imo.