1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Draft and FA Prep Thread V 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Feb 18, 2012.

1. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,845 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Can someone explain where this 22 mill number comes from? The tag number is about half that
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,302 Messages
    3,177 Likes Received
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...t-his-goal-as-he-hopes-to-remain-with-texans/
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think they will try and get a FA center before guard
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,387 Messages
    1,724 Likes Received
    As well they should. The Center position was inordinately worse than the Guard position this past season.

I still think we could add a Guard in the draft, too. Rounds 1-2 might look like Janoris Jenkins, Cordy Glenn.
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,317 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Yes, this is somewhat where I am starting to lean myself. That would be a good first two picks if Dallas pulls the trigger.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,798 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    IIRC, he has something in his contract that ups his pay to like 120% of the previous year.

Maybe it's just not his contract but the new CBA.
  8. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,793 Messages
    157 Likes Received
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,765 Messages
    3,751 Likes Received
    3/4 of the board would have been toting pitchforks if Wade had been retained in any capacity. He is a very good DC, though.
  10. rojan

rojan Active Member

1,481 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    1. If we did go to a 4-3 defence, wouldn't Sean Lee be better suited playing MLB??

2. Its Monday now..Can we hear about the rumour for god-sakes!! :)
  11. couchscout

couchscout Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I wouldn't put Lee at MLB, and after making that post, I realized I technically had him as the WLB, which is not where they would put him. He's be an absolutely dominant SLB.

I'll share pretty soon. It's not draft...or really even player related. Just something I heard that will have the whole board up at arms.
  12. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    (in Bart Scott voice) "Can't wait"
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Not ignoring your posts guys. I'll try and get to the ones I have not responded to today.
  14. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    So, if DeCastro is taken by one of Car/Mia/Ari and we aren't into Kirkpatrick then I assume everyone assumes that Jenkins is the pick? However, I would like your take on 2 players I am high on.

ILB-Luke Kuechly
    and
    DE-Michael Brockers

If we stay at 14 who are the 5 guys as most likely to be picked in your opinion.

Thanks
  15. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Great question. I'm now quite worried DeCastro won't be there and have been thinking about Kuechly as well. Does he fit in a 3-4 scheme?
  16. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

13,480 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Right now, without any reservations, I'd gladly settle for either of your two players: Kuechly or Brockers.
  17. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I'd like to echo the thanks that you're getting for this post (and others) but add to that appreciation for all of your responses to individual questions. :bow:
  18. Tex

Tex Active Member

553 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Would be pleased with Kuechly. I want no part of brockers in the 1'st. Most over rated guy in this draft currently.

At14 if Decastro is gone I would prefer
    Jenkins
    Upshaw
    Kuechly
    Coples or Perry if they drop
    Even Glenn Poe or Koonz if we cant trade back to pick up extra picks and still get them. I dont want kirkpatric or Brockers in the first anyway. Plenty of better options for us at 14 or latter in the first with a trade down.
  19. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received

If that were the case, I'd have interest in Jenkins at CB, Ingram and Hightower at LB. With a small trade back Konz at OC and Glenn at OG.
  20. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,603 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    Where it's true Wade did a great job with that team, they added a lot of talent in the offseason for him, and they caught a bit of a break in terms of the teams they played. Nobody in their division had a good offense this year, and I think they only played, maybe, four teams that were in the top half of the league in scoring. NO hung 40 on them, and Balt and Oak both put up at least 25. When 11 of your games are against Cin, Cle, TB, Car, Mia, Jax, Ind, and Ten, you should do well defensively.