1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Mock Off Season V 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Free Agency
    Resign:
    Laurent Robinson | WR
    Had Romo's trust more then any other WR. Dallas will have to pay.

Anthony Spencer | OLB
    Not the sack artist we wanted but the staff loves him and his role is to often drop into coverage. Another victim of poor DB play as Rob Ryan could not dial up many of the packages he wanted.

Tony Fiametta | FB
    Plain and simple the running game improved when he was on the field

Montrae Holland | OG
    Will be brought back and allowed to fight for his spot on the roster.

Clifton Geathers | DE
    Developmental project that is really coming along and the Cowboys like. Will be brought back.

Jeremy Parnell | OT
    Cowboys love his versatility and athletic ability. Will likely win the swing OT position in camp.

Cut:
    Terrence Newman | CB
    He is done, the struggles are well documented. His money will be put to good use.

Kyle Kosier | OG
    Sad to see him go, under rated OL but age and injury have caught up

David Buehler | K
    It's finally time Jerry and Jason get over their man crush, we need the roster room

Kenyon Coleman | DE
    Thanks for coming back for a tour, never delivered.

Stephen McGee | QB
    Off season opportunities will spell the end for McGee. Career 2nd string QB.

Signed:
    Ben Grubbs | OG | Baltimore (27)
    Option B to Carl Nicks, 1 year older and cheaper yet just as productive.

Tyvon Branch | SS | Oakland (25)
    Not a name being tossed around alot but he's young and upcoming. Cowboys need someone who can call out coverages, Branch has excelled in that roll at Oakland. Great in the box Safety who can match up with TE's. Not going to pick off a lot of balls but will open up possibilities for Rob.

Dan Connor | ILB | Carolina (26)
    Sean Lee's one time room mate and good friend comes over for depth. Should come with a friendly price tag and showed flashes of the potential people expected when given time in 2010.

Ladarius Webb | CB | Baltimore (26)
    Another DB not getting a lot of press in FA talk but he's young and really coming into his own. 5 Picks and 20 PD's last season. Not afraid to stick his neck on the line in the run game and is a threat to take it back when he gets his hand on the ball. Another small school prospect who took a few years to grow into the game and may be peeking.

Shaun Hill | QB | SF (32)
    Kitna is done, Cowboys need a vet QB. Hill has proven he can handle it short term.

Other Roster Moves:
    Doug Free Moves from LT to RT
    Jay Ratliff Moves from DT to DE

Draft:
    RD 1 #14:
    David DeCastro | OG | Stanford
    [IMG]

The signing of either Nicks or Grubbs hardly means the overhaul on the OL is done. DeCastro is one of handful of prospects that is NFL ready from the time his name is announced.

RD 2 #45:
    Brandon Boykin | CB | Georgia
    [IMG]

Dynamic in every aspect of his game be it playing CB, Returner or lining up at receiver on the offensive side of the ball. This kid is purely a play maker.

RD 3 #83
    LaMichael James | RB | Oregon
    [IMG]

Round 3 and Round 4 is where Dallas loves to take their shots on dropping/injured prospects who once carried a much higher grade. This is also where they like to stack depth at RB and TE. Does anyone fit the bill better then LaMichael James?

RD 4 #114
    Shea McClellin | OLB | Boise St
    [IMG]

One of the most under rated and under valued hybrid pass rushers in this draft. Reminds me so much of a larger Sean Lee. Pure football blood, motor and work ethic unmatched.

RD 5 #145
    Chandler Harnish | QB | Northern Illinois
    [IMG]

Nations top rushing QB, has all the skills but needs some development. Mentally ready for the NFL but needs work. Has a recording 156.14 in passing efficiency fr his career.

RD 6 #176
    Nicolas Jean-Baptiste | NT | Baylor
    [IMG]

Big man (6'2', 335) is just not big but athletic (5.01 40 in spring drills). With Rat moving to DE Dallas would look to add depth and size to NT. Has the wingspan to challenge any OC or OG (77 5/8). Former walk on who is a weight room junkie.

RD 6 #Comp
    George Bryan | TE | NC State
    [IMG]

Weak TE class and Bennett will need replaced. Not the most athletic TE in this class but is efficient blocker and has great size (6'5" 265). Ranks 4th among active players in the ACC in TD's

RD 7 #207
    Jerry Franklin | ILB | Arkansas
    [IMG]

ILB depth is desperately needed and Franklin will provide solid depth and flexibility as well as a instant ST boost. 6th in SEC in tackles this season with 10 tackles for a loss. Not going to dominate in any aspect of the game but solid in all of them. Type of player every team needs.

Lineup Outlook:

QB: Tony Romo, Shaun Hill(FA), Chandler Harnish(R)
    RB: Demarco Murray, Felix Jones, LaMichael James (R)
    FB: Tony Fiametta
    WR: Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Dwayne Harris, Andre Holmes
    TE: Jason Witten, John Phillips, George Bryan(R)
    OT: Tyron Smith, Doug Free, Jermey Parnell
    OG: Benn Grubbs(FA), David DeCastro(R), David Arkin, Bill Nagy
    OC: Kevin Kowalski

DE: Jay Ratliff, Marcus Spears, Clifton Geathers, Sean Lissemore
    NT: Nicolas Jean-Baptiste(R), Josh Brent
    OLB: Demarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Shea McClellin(R), Victor Butler
    ILB: Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Dan Connor(FA), Jerry Franklin(R)
    CB: Mike Jenkins, Ladarius Webb(FA), Orlando Scandrick, Brandon Boykin(R), Mario Butler
    FS: Gerald Sensabaugh, Mana Silva
    SS: Tyvon Branch, Barry Church

K: Dan Bailey
    P: Chris Jones
    H: Chandler Harnish

KR: Brandon Boykin, Felix Jones, Dwayne Harris
    PR: Dwayne Harris, Dez Bryant

LS: L.P. Ladouceur
  2. acer941

acer941 Member

222 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Love everything Except the fact we keep Arkin over Nagy and that McBrair(sp) is gone.
    My personal Opinon i thought Nagy played 2x better than Arkin.
  3. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Sweet, Sdogo. i could live with that and never look back. I would rather have Carl Nicks but this would be 1a. Nice !
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,647 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Isn't Webb a restricted free agent? What are the odds we even have a shot at him?

I like Rat at DE, but I would want more than Brent/Baptise at NT. A free agent signing of Red Bryant/Aubrayo Franklin sounds a lot better.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,334 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    I wouldn't take LaMichael James.

A) We can get a better defensive player in the third
    B) It means we won't have a hammer (Tanner) at RB
    C) We can get a guy like Rainey in the 6th.
  6. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    You may be right, I looked at 2 different sources an neither had him listed as a RFA. If so that would certainly change on my next update.
  7. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Nagy was a miss on my part, I edited it afterwards to keep him.

As far as McBriar, his injury really could be career ending. It's going to be interesting to see if healthy what his contract demands are. Dallas has never been known to shell out money for punters or kickers.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

30,034 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    Very good offseason plan Sdogo.

Well thought out.
  9. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    IMO, Tanner is still living on pre season rep. I saw nothing in game time that makes me believe he still deserves the hype.

A guy like Rainey is limited because of size. Sure he adds a dimension and can return but with Murray and Jones I don't believe Garrett is looking for that type of speed back anymore.

I know James will likely be the most unpopular pick but given the Cowboys trends, injury issues with Tanner, Jones and Murray it's a likely scenario and Dallas will probably add another back at some point.

James would of been a 1st round selection if he came out last year, it's just simply to good to pass up.
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,967 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I think I'm in love with your mock SDogo. Freaking incredible mock and offseason. I would also consider putting Jones on the trading block to see what interest he would bring. If some team wanted to give up a decent pick for him, I wouldn't mind going into the season with Murray, James, and Tanner. I would also put Radaway on the roster instead of Holmes, depending on how that ankle heals. He has more upside.
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Thanks, I'm not sure how much value Jones would carry considering he just cant stay healthy. I also feel Jerry Jones would have to dump his infatuation with Felix to make it happen. All that said, Jason really likes his speed and the break away threat he brings to the offense. I really think Jones is in for his best year next season even if it's just spelling Murray. I still think that's his best role and has been from Arkansas to now.
  12. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,220 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Don't really have any problem with the entire plan.

Get this message to Jerry bro.
  13. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like LaMichael James, (his fathers' house is about two miles from where I live), but that seems like a luxury pick. Sure I would like to see him play as a Cowboy, as I watched him play some at Liberty-Eylau(Texarkana, TX.) High School, but I hope a much more needed position is addressed in the third round. As an aside, how about this: Dennis Johnson, now at the university of Arkansas(RB), went to school here at Texarkana, Arkansas High...Ryan Mallet(QB) at the same time, was at Texarkana, Texas High, and LaMichael James(RB) was at Liberty_Eylau High, three miles away. And there are more to come! SDogo, I always enjoy your posts. It's good to see you being active here.
  14. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    My job requires me to get to Texas at least once a month and I was finally able to get my first taste of HS football in Texas. It does not surprise me when you start tossing out names.

Talk about big time.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,368 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Didnt Connor have concussions problems? Also McGee will have other suiters?
  16. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,624 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    What about Jason Hatcher?

Btw, I've come around to drafting LaMichael James. Call it the Darren Sproles effect, if you want.

In other words, I love your mock offseason.
  17. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,396 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Change 3rd to a center or DE and we got a deal
  18. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes sir, it it! I've broadcasted high school football in Oklahoma the last twenty-six years, and I am not ashamed to admit that high school football in Texas IS different. Please travel safely, and keep up the good work!
  19. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Damn.......well I guess this is why it's version 1.0.

Just another note to add to the next update. Next time I'll remind myself to open a new tab and bring up the Cowboys current roster. lol

Thanks for the reminder!
  20. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,967 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    According to Rotoworld, he has had a host of other injuries, including shoulder, hip, and ACL, but nothing regarding concussions. He is also looking to go to a team where he can start. Maybe we bring him in with the expectations of battling Carter for the other spot and end up rotating them based on the game situations. And like SDogo said, the thought of playing with close friend Sean Lee might draw him here as well.