1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Mock Off Season V 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Also want to point out no mention of James or Brooking, but I just assumed James wasn't brought back and Brooking retired.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    OFFENSE: 24
    QB: Tony Romo, Shaun Hill(FA), Chandler Harnish(R)
    RB: Demarco Murray, Felix Jones, LaMichael James (R)
    FB: Tony Fiametta
    WR: Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Dwayne Harris, Andre Holmes
    TE: Jason Witten, John Phillips, George Bryan(R)
    OT: Tyron Smith, Doug Free, Jermey Parnell
    OG: Benn Grubbs(FA), David DeCastro(R), David Arkin, Bill Nagy
    OC: Kevin Kowalski, Phil Costa

DEFENSE: 26
    DE: Jay Ratliff, Marcus Spears, Clifton Geathers, Sean Lissemore, Jason Hatcher
    NT: Nicolas Jean-Baptiste(R), Josh Brent
    OLB: Demarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Shea McClellin(R), Victor Butler, Alex Albright
    ILB: Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Dan Connor(FA), Jerry Franklin(R)
    CB: Mike Jenkins, Ladarius Webb(FA), Orlando Scandrick, Brandon Boykin(R), Mario Butler
    FS: Gerald Sensabaugh, Mana Silva, Danny McCray
    SS: Tyvon Branch, Barry Church

ST: 3
    K: Dan Bailey
    P: Chris Jones
    H: Chandler Harnish

KR: Brandon Boykin, Felix Jones, Dwayne Harris
    PR: Dwayne Harris, Dez Bryant

LS: L.P. Ladouceur

53 players

:D
  3. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He really came on the last 8 games, Carolina could make a push to keep him but in the end I think he becomes one of those value FA's teams look for.
  4. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yeah, they are told thanks for their services and shown the door.

I did not bother mentioning any of the Cowboys FA that were not brought back but I'll keep it in mind for my next update.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,089 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You're thinking of Dan Morgan who had to retire because of concussions
  6. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Man I just don't know if we will make that many FA signings. It seems like every offseason for the past few years we list all the holes and all the FAs available and every year people post these totally awesome, totally possible scenarios and yet we never seem to go after any of them. Or at least we never seem to be able to actually get any of them signed.
  7. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could live with bringing in another RB, but I'd like a guy that could have a clearly defined role and brings something different to the table than what we already have. What about a big bruiser? I've been interested in Terrance Gannaway from Baylor, but I've only seen him a handful of times. Very good numbers and size. Any Big 12 fans have any thoughts on him?
  8. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    True. If the Cowboys would have listened to the fans more over the last 15 years, I have no doubt we would have won at least one Superbowl. But never give up hope, Maybe, just maybe, this is the year Jerry finally gets it right.
  9. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sooner fan here(Big 12). Ganaway is a high character youngster. He went to Dekalb, TX. high school, 40 miles west of where I live in Texarkana. His mother passed away when he was a freshman at Houston. When Art Briles got the Baylor job, Terrance transferred, and he had a solid career there. In another post in this thread I mentioned a few players that live here. Well, along with them and Ganaway, Tulsa QB G.J. Kinney went to Daingerfield, TX high school, and one of his school's chief rivals, Pittsburg, TX., the home of... Kendall Wright!! Wright was a QB in high school. I would like to see Ganaway in Dallas as the big back the team needs in short yardage situations.
  10. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Love Tulsa QB G.J. Kinney, have had him in a few of my mocks for the Cowboys.
  11. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even if he doesn't become a starter, his skill set will allow him to develop into a really nice backup, I think.
  12. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,401 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Nice plan, SDogo. I'm not sure about using another 3rd for a running back, but I like everything else. I hope we're as active in FA as your blueprint has us being, but I'm suspecting we'll end up going the value-shopper route again. Hope I'm wrong on that.
  13. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Boykin in rd 2 is awful. Guy is a nickel corner w return skills. We need a starting caliber corner, not some circus midget.

Love Decastro in rd 1

Think taking a RB in rd 3 is also too early..
  14. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Before anyone tries to blast me...Boykin is a solid nickel CB...if that's what you need, then it's fine. But we already have a #3 CB. We need a starter. Poor fit for us.
  15. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I respect your opinion but I'm also going to disagree 100%. While he's not at the skill set of the Dennard or Kirkpatrick I don't agree he strictly a nickel DB.

He may never be that #1 shutdown CB and while they are nice to have in bunches they don't grown on tree's.
  16. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Would love for it to happen this way. Not to big on taken a RB in the 3rd as I like Murray, Jones and Tanner. I abolutely love the 4th rd pick. I think he would be a steal if we get him in the 4th but I think that he goes in the 3rd. By the way, any draft that has DeCastro is fine with me.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    If this happens, I won't have a single criticism. GREAT mock, from free agency all the way down.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Other than Kirkpatrick, I think Boykin's ceiling is the highest...maybe Minnefield.

Plus I don't like guys with dreads. :laugh1: No offense to Mike Jenkins but I just have a personal belief about dreadlocks on guys that aren't Rastafarians.
  19. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,436 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Geathers is listed as 320 on the team roster. Could he be moved to the middle?

James always looked great to me. Does he have first round talent when healthy?

I love asking others to do projects, but here goes, a Sean Lee/Chris Canty draft of injured players. Then I would like an all motor draft of relentless player, the Jay Ratliff draft.

Thanks for the mock, I like reading these way too much.
  20. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wished the dread look was 'outlawed' in the NFL. While I respect the rights of others to choose his/her personal style, if an employer wanted to not have that look at his/her place of business, it would be well within their rights. I don't hire people with what I consider to be poor grooming habits.