1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

SDogo Mock Off Season V 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Feb 5, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Oh I tend to get psyched up around the beginning of March so I'm sure business or not my excitement will spill over in here.:D

2. SDogo

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    There are two picks in my mock that has players down further then expected right now and I recognize that. In years past I have stuck to my guns and I'll use Brandon Spikes for an example. Graded by many in the 2nd round for most of the draft process I ignored the hints that his stock was falling going into the draft and stuck with my initial evaluation. I'll see how it works doing it the other way for once.

This pick aint changing in my mock and like you I have no problem doing it a round earlier if need be.

3. SDogo

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received

What ever we do this off season in FA and the draft I feel Dallas needs to come away with 2 CB's and 2 new faces along the OL.

4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,079 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Loving that mock and offseason. Great job. Hope it pans out like this.

5. SDogo

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I don't believe so but I'll never guarantee anything when it comes to Jerry, smoke screens and players with a past. Based on what I have heard I'm fairly confident right now that Jenkins is very much in play but I think it will come to light as the weeks roll on here.

6. SDogo

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    He's a big man but really does have a surprising athletic element to his game. Yeah I'm going to take heat for it but he reminds me a lot of Larry Allen not only in demeanor but in that he looks like a fat, lazy slob but when asked to move is actually very fluid.

As I said earlier, Hosley and Irvin are a bit lower then most have them ranked right now but unlike years past I'm playing it like the stock market and going with current value.

Good comparison on Hicks to Lett. Very similar type player.

7. Sabu1

Sabu1 Member

368 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SDogo, nice mock there. I like jenkins, but is he the heady, smart, disciplined guy the cowboys so desperately need in the secondary? We need get more intelligent guys on this team and here's to hoping that jenkins is that if he is indeed the guy at 14.

8. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

5,700 Messages
    2,767 Likes Received
    Supposedly Janoris Jenkins coasted this past year at North Alabama. Plus, he had the off-field issues at Florida, BUT if you can make peace with those and go back and watch his sophomore and junior years at Florida, he was as good a cornerback prospect as I've seen in years.

The red flags are significant though.

9. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Indeed. They need real difference makers in those areas. Those two areas need a major injection of talent. Ben Grubbs is a Pro Bowl caliber guard, and he should have at least 4 prime years left, too. The comments that I've read from the Ravens' brass point to Grubbs hitting the market. Grubbs could want a deal similar to Marshall Yanda. (That benchmark would be much cheaper than Nicks like you stated.) That is just fine by me, because Dallas could sure use his Pro Bowl services. I bet Ray Rice begs to differ with Baltimore's management.

Grubbs would be a great fit at LG where he could pull and hit targets on the move, lead toss plays, and lead screens. Grubbs is an excellent fit for all of Dallas' base zone runs and counters. I really like his athletic ability and size. Grubbs has 34 inch arms, too. Put him next to Tyron's 37 inch arms and dominate. I'm on the Ben Grubbs band wagon.

Kelechi Osemele is a must get (imo) if Dallas doesn't draft a DeCastro or a Glenn. They need a young, big time talent like Osemele in that interior, too. It's been a long time since a very talented, big, athletic, and powerful guard was drafted by the Cowboys. They sure do need it now. Osemele would give Dallas a big, athletic, and powerful guard on that right side. He has LG ability according to Bunting. Osemele has 35 1/4 inch arms.

I like the slot WR from Arkansas, and I hope they draft a WR, too.

Nice information about Janoris Jenkins. I think Jenkins' Florida pedigree pretty much spoke for itself with the Gators. I think he's the best SEC CB in the draft and the best fit for Dallas. Jenkins was a more accomplished player than Kirkpatrick or Claiborne. I saw him take on A.J. Green and Julio Jones and win and win big. Alshon Jeffrey...ditto..

10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

23,520 Messages
    4,340 Likes Received
    Sensabaugh set a Combine record with that leap.

11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

23,520 Messages
    4,340 Likes Received
    Grubbs/Osemele is a definite upgrade to the offensive line interior.

Then adding Branch, Jenkins, and Hosley definitely would uplift the secondary.

I like retaining Spencer, and would like Jackson added to the linebackers as well.

I like a projection at nose tackle, but I am wondering more about, say Michael Brockers in the 1st and signing a free agent cornerback?

Enjoyed your work a lot. Thanks.

12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

22,415 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Yup.

Not a big fan of all the moves but this one at least passes the BS test that most fail miserably.

13. Skerr41

Skerr41 Member

111 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like it, it's a realistic off season, and one that improves the OL and back end of the D. I would really like to get a DL like Campbell, a disruptive force that destroys the clean pocket. I know they are hard to find, but that would help this D out in a big way.

14. dillinger319

dillinger319 Striped Leopard

881 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    SDOGO... Im so glad you decided to start posting again and forgot about the idiots that didnt appreciate what you bring to the table.. During the offseason this is where I spend most of my time until the draft is over, the information and scouting history that you bring to the table is just tremendous.. Thanks for all the hard work you do and for sharing it with those of us who just think they know how to pick prospects.. lol....

Great offseason plan man.... And Im on board with Finnegan as long as he stays healthy... We need a veteran back there to help.