1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Mock V 5.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 1, 2012.

1. 151

151 Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm talking about someone who can read and react to the ball. Not just interceptions but pass break ups as well. Whether that is covering the box, or going deep. Now, i don't expect him to be a CB ball hawk by any standard. That is why he isn't a CB. But hopefully he can come in and be a quarter back for our defense.
  2. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,248 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    because he isn't a first round talent
  3. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,221 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Barron is a legit first round talent.

That just your opinion of him? Scouts disagree.
  4. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,248 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    then scouts are dumb. the guy is not even close to first round quality. first, polamalu is the only SS worth a 1st round pick, second this is just like carpenter he is a guy that looks better because of the players around him, he benefits from the best front 7 in CF and corners with ability like kirkpatrick. Does he have some talent and ability? yes. does he have a place on an NFL roster? yes but not in the first round. he also benefits from a weak safety class
  5. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,368 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    SDogo put Gilmore in there as an option!!!!!
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

13,930 Messages
    1,702 Likes Received
    Not thrilled if Barron is our pick, although more palatable if pick 20.

You usually dont draft safeties in the top 15 unless they are going to be special and I dont think Barron is going to be that type of player. Now that is not saying he is a bad player, in fact, he would be the best safety on the roster.

I just look at Romo getting killed play after play after play and our inability to run the football, especially in the red zone as seen by our amazing 4 rushing TDs last season, and think we need safety over an offensive lineman like DeCastro.

I know I am not a scout, but it just seems dumb to address safety over offensive line. Maybe thats just me.
  7. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,083 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    in the 2nd round ?

Stop teasing.. it ain't fair to my heart..
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,158 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Love the Jamell Flemming pick, I just don't see him falling to the 4th.

If we draft LaMichael James, then I would like to see Dallas to trade Felix and Jenkins and get a extra 2nd or early 3rd and use the pick on a CB.
  9. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,462 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    So, if you take Adcock off the list, that leaves room for someone like, say, Kowalski. The Cowboys tend to keep 3 T's, and 6-7 interior guys. And we know how they like versatility. I also don't see us keeping Coleman (or at least I sure hope we don't). That's not to suggest that they would thus keep Costa, but it would open another spot for someone else.