1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo...your opinion please

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dirt, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,909 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    I liked Bequette much more.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

What were these character concerns that the Cowboys didn't know about, Hos? They're pretty tight with the staff up there with the Barry connection and all plus several other people.

I've heard a lot about Lewis the last couple of weeks, some from an OKC station, and they said being from a tiny school, he just wasn't prepared for a major university and didn't like the schoolwork. Never heard about any legal issues or anything like that.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,781 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    I don't suppose the 4 of you taking shots at me on this would like to put a hundred bucks apiece on it?

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234085
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Where did I take a shot? And put a hundred bucks on what?

All I did was ask what the concerns were. Like I said, all I heard from guys up there was that Stoops realized Lewis was never going to apply himself to school and told him he might as well go ahead and be a pro. But they said he loved football... Just wasn't cut out for university life.

I just wondered because I liked the player. Good grief.
  5. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    On what? That he had character concerns, that he was off the board or that you contacted the Cowboys?

Read any of his draft profiles, it is pretty obvious that he has issues and is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The coaching staff basically encouraged him to leave the program. That is a red flag if there ever was one.

I'm just concerned that a tip from an internet poster would be a means of alerting the Cowboys of something they didn't already know. Frankly, that is scary. That means the guys doing it professionally aren't very good at their job.
  6. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    Yeah right. Figured.
  7. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

538 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    How does that prove that and the fact that the Cowboys didn't draft Lewis, prove that you have any influence on the Cowboys draft board? How many of your pet cats did the Cowboys end up drafting with your recommendation?
  8. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    Where did I claim to tell them any of my pet cats other than DeCastro? Oh yeah, I never did.
  9. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

538 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I mean, if you have that much influence with the Cowboys, why not try to get your guys in the draft?
  10. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Figured what?

You're going off half cocked and no one knows what you are talking about.

There's two of us here that have no idea what you want to bet on.

And where did I take a shot at you?

I've simply stated that if the Cowboys are relying on rumors from an internet message board to gather things pre-draft, they have issues.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    Don't worry. They also have 3 interns reading twitter accounts in 8 hour shifts.
  12. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,962 Messages
    247 Likes Received

The statement of the year, :bow:

Its the COWBOY Way
  13. Hostile

118,781 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    That your inclusion in this thread was nothing more than yet another ad hominem attack. As far as I am concerned I do not care how much hyperbole you want to pour upon what I posted, nor how much faith you have in this team. It's all just more evidence that your input isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell.