1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Sean Lee: 'There's no bad teams. Just teams with bad records.'

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 4, 2013.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,492 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Rack:

Please say it with me.... "The Jacksonville Jaguars are not a losing team, the Jacksonville Jaguars are just unfortunately burdened with a losing record"

:p
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,545 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    I can partly see Lee's point... all the Jags need are a solid QB, a fresh RB, an OL that doesn't suck, WRs that don't do drugs, a legit TE, a DL that can stop the run and put pressure on the QB, LBs that can get off a block, and a secondary that can cover and they'd be a solid team.

/sarcasm

On that note... if we were to play the Jags this year I'm sure we'd find a way to make their QB, RB, OL, WR's, TEs, DL, LBs, and DBs all look otherworldly and we'd give them their only win of the season.
    Common Sense and BoysFan4ever like this.
  3. perrykemp

5,492 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Jimmy Smith, Matt Jones, Justin Blackmon....

Seem to be a reoccurring problem down there...
    Common Sense likes this.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    Only because they don't even try. If they did they might be close in some of these games. The Bucs are winless but they do try.
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,545 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    If I had to play for that team I'd probably start doing drugs too. :D
    BoysFan4ever and perrykemp like this.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Im pretty sure Blackmon's problem isn't drugs..
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,571 Messages
    1,743 Likes Received
    LOL!
  8. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,513 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    So if there are no bad teams, then are there no bad records, just arbitrary numbers separated between hyphens? I mean, I thought we played the games to figure out who was "good" or "bad," "better" or "worse."
    pjtoadie likes this.
  9. Wizarus

Wizarus Active Member

223 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    This this this. When was the last time Brady went out and said stuff like this? The team needs to start getting used to winning again.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    That's their main goal. "Get in and see what happens".

They honestly believe that a different team under different leadership with different coaches and different players bucking the trend and winning the Superbowl is some sort of indicator that if they can just get to the playoffs then everything will take care of itself.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,247 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with him. I think most of these teams are on the same playing field aside from the Jag's and maybe the Vikings. But everyone else IMO is on the same level. Proof is how we can compete with the Bronco's and turn around and allow for the Vikings to compete with us.
  12. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,334 Messages
    633 Likes Received
    Parity is real. The difference from the top to the bottom is as close as it has ever been. It seems that the power rankings change dramatically week to week. Dallas isn't good enough to belittle wins against Minn. Overconfidence after "moral victories" have led to big let downs over the years. We need to stop looking ahead and assigning easy wins a month from now. Baltimore snuck into the playoffs last year, got lucky and got solid QB play and won the Super Bowl.
  13. perrykemp

5,492 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Parity is enforced with the draft system (worst teams draft first), the salary cap -- especially now that the salary cap floor has kicked in, and the advent in the 1990s of unrestricted free agency.

IMHO, the consistently good teams have at least 2 out of 3 characteristics associated with them:
    • Good GM
    • Good Coach
    • Elite QB
    The best teams that have all three of those things, will be consistently be in the playoffs, and in the run for Superbowls.

Examples:

New England -- Best team in the AFC since 2000 -- over that entire time the combo has been Piolo / Belichek / Brady and later Belicheck / Belichek / Brady
    Packers -- Winningest team in the NFC over the past twenty years -- since 1992 have been in the playoffs 15 times. Their combos where Ron Wolf / Mike Holmgren / Brett Favre and then (after a brief interlude of Mike Sherman / Mike Sherman / Brett Favre), then Ted Thompson / Mike McCarthy / Aaron Rodgers

My point is in this era of NFL mandated parity, the net difference of the good team vs the average / bad teams is no more pronounced that it is in those 3 spots.
  14. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,643 Messages
    1,842 Likes Received
    It would be great PO to say the Vikings suck...
  15. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,794 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    True. Even The practice squad players were great college players. The nfl is such a competitive league that the Margin foe error is small. Nick foles had one of the greatest all time passing days ever. Ponder played well for the Vikings. It happens. He has had good games before too
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I think you meant PR, but i agree with you here.. which is why i've found this thread to be so hilarious.

He's doing a public interview where he was asked about the win over the Vikings..

Seriously, what do some of you loony toons think he's going to say?

"Well.. first off, that team sucks, and we shoulda beat them by 50 points or more.."

Get real, people..
    khiladi likes this.