1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sean Payton latest

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sportsman, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

758 Messages
    28 Likes Received
  2. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,554 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    I saw that on twitter this morning.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Pat yasinkas from the NFC south blog says shefters info is bad and they are not talking right now.
  4. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,746 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    For the record, Schefter's report merely says his agent and the NFL are finalizing conditions for him to be allowed to renegotiate, not that negotiations have already started. But the mere fact that this is in the works indicates what his intentions are.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,258 Likes Received
    Saints aren't going to lose Sean Payton. Cowboys aren't looking to replace our coach.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,163 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    Despite the wishes of many this was never in any question IMO.
  8. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,350 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    Sadly you are probably correct. I might could live with another year with our head coach but the guy calling the plays has got to go. In all seriousness, if we keep Garrett we absolutely have to hire a REAL offensive coordinator. Garrett is in way over his head pulling double duty.
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,486 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Best AVI ever!:laugh2:
  10. esloan

esloan Active Member

190 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Except it is a .GIF.......:D
  11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    He's finally showing his age a bit.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Sean Payton isn't coming to Dallas. He isn't leaving the Saints.

I don't know why so many are holding out hope for this pipe dream that isn't going to happen.
  13. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    That's alright, get ready for another mediocre season next year. You heard it here first. It's a process, remember? ~dur~
  14. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Here's my prediction for next year. 8-8.

~crosses eyes~
  15. BraveHeartFan

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received

I do have a question on this though. It's not necassarily directed at you but in general.

Why are people so high on getting Payton? Most of the people wanting Payton so badly are the ones who are always screaming about how Jerry runs the team, makes all the decisions, etc.

So if that's the case does it really matter if you get Payton or not? He'll just be an even higher paid, more high profile HC, who people will hate inside of 2 years because he's not allowed to do the things he wants to do or because Jerry is always getting in the way.

So if Jerry is the one who makes every decision, does all things as has been said here many many many times, then why in the world does it matter who the HC is?
  16. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    The only way it will work is if Jerry steps back and allows Sean more power like he did with Jimmy and Bill. If this doesn't happen the team will continue to suffer.

Don't be fooled by what Jerry says because 95% of the time he's full of ****. He's not sucking me in, I know what's going on here and Jerry's the problem.

Do you think Jason has the sac to stand up to Jerry, I mean look at him he weighs, what 130 pounds soaking wet? If I was a player on that team I wouldn't take anything Jason says seriously. Now, on the other hand the only way Jerry can make himself look better is hire another offensive cordinator so Jason can just handle the head coaching duties.

Will it happen? Probably not because he wants the head coach to take on double duties. Remember in the press conference when Jason was hired Jerry said Jason has control of making the decisions of the 53 man roster? Well, he also said he can over ride any decision made by Jason, because it's his team. You see where I'm getting at?
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    We are stuck with the jones family. Nothing can change that.

The head coach and the coordinators we are not stuck with. The head coach we have been told has had a huge hand in personnel. S he is responsible for that too.

Why should we accept having inept people at both head coach and general manager? Sean Payton is a proven head coach, a proven play caller and understands the environment in Dallas.

He is unique in that way.

So for my perspective having Payton would at least improve the team on game day. He would instill new excitement in the players and the fans. He would energize everything within the organization.

Seems pretty basic to me.
  18. BraveHeartFan

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Assuming Jason does have that power and decision m aking then I'd agree with you on Payton.

I'm not sold that he does or that Payton would.

Which is why, to me, it wouldn't change anything.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    anyone asking why we would want a coach that took the franchise that was historically the laughing stock of the NFL for 40 years and won a SB there really needs to take Football 101

Now I agree that unless he has real control it would probably be useless. Very unlikely Jerruh ever gives up as much control as he did to BP ever again
  20. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Wasnt that the major selling point on Garrett that he was parcells like and would take control of everything?

Many believe he is doing to much currently.

So which is it?

Looks to me like he was made a head coach to soon, was able to keep his play calling duties and was asked to be the personnel guy and the final say guy.

That seems to be too much for me. Why should a young coach be asked all of that? We need a head coach who will build a staff to handle things and then put in place a positive personnel program.

Staying the course just because is beyond silly. There has been no sign of improvement anywhere. The Garrett's and the jones family are all over this organization. They have showed us enough already to understand they can not do this.

The running game is more than enough of a reason to fire the offensive staff. It's putrid and its not acceptable in the nfl.