1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Selvie "It's a great scheme"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boys#1 95, Sep 27, 2013.

1. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,359 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Um, why do you say that? He has nearly the same production as Michael Bennett, who many still bring up. People need to stop looking at names and start looking at production.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,353 Messages
    1,005 Likes Received
    Well for one, I dont think Bennett is that good. And for 2, Selvie has gone against some pretty terrible tackles.

I dont think he's a bad player, but I also don't think he's a consistent 10 sack a year guy either. Time will tell.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,650 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I agree but can you imagine if we had not re-signed Church last season and decided to do it after this offseason? Yikes.....
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,452 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    Thing is, they had a lot more time to evaluate Barry Church than they've had to evaluate Selvie. I don't see anything wrong with waiting until Nov and Dec. If he's still producing at his current level, then I think that's when you approach them about a contract.
  5. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,667 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Yeah, I didn't mean that they just grabbed a guy and lucky for us he didn't suck.

What I meant was that we were lucky that another team hadn't already given him a job and that he was available.

I think our pro personnel department is as good as any there is in the NFL, and they consistently prove how good they are. However, there has to be good people out there unemployed in order for them to find them. There isn't always a Selvie sitting at home waiting on a call.
    AmberBeer likes this.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Bingo!
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

6,979 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Have to LOL at all the Selvie experts and their opinions of his limitations. I for one will not bet against Selvie and Marinelli. IMO Selvie's numbers will surpass Spencer's career sack numbers, easily, this season.
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,597 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    Yeah and then if he goes off the next games leading up to that nov-dec contract....and he costs us a ton. People will throw tantrums and scream bloody Mary.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,411 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Now we need to learn to ATTACK on offense.

10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,452 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    It's a messageboard, people throw keyboard tantrums all the time.
  11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

6,979 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Bloody Mary! Bloody Mary!! Bloody Mary!!! Nothing like good Bloody Mary after long night.
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,597 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    Lol

I wouldn't be caught dead saying that **** in a dark bathroom
  13. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Member

183 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    you guys are scaring me.....lol!!
  14. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,597 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    The Cowboys need more guys like Selvie.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,036 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    Yikes what? I wouldn't want to extend Church right now either. He has to prove himself.
  16. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,126 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    lmao

I have never heard that before....KT's.

Don't you pull some KT on me!
  17. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,597 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    It's a great scheme for Spencer too, he gets 10 million for one game.
  18. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Another reason that the 4-3 is superior to the 3-4.

If we were in the 3-4 and Spencer goes down like he did...we are dead on arrival. Playing OLB in a 3-4 is a much more challenging proposition.

In a 4-3 you can find guys who do one thing very well...get up field...and turn them into players.
  19. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    [quote="Toruk_Makto, post: 5203816, member: 34854"

plug and play...........when replacement are easier to come by, shouldn't that actually take pressure off of JJ for big contracts with the ability of Marinelli just bringing in another "joe" to replace the guy that wanted the big contract......Jimmy Johnson while here supposedly had a priority list by position vrs pay to manage cap numbers.
  20. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Agree.......which then should force the opposing offense to try and keep up, which should mean taking chances in their offense, which should equate to even more turnovers. We need to turn a high percent of redzone trips into TD's