1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sensabaugh probably gone?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,740 Messages
    5,147 Likes Received
    OH Lacewell please don't tease me!
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,490 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received

Can't argue about McCray but when's the last time we had a safety?
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,290 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    You can run a coverage scheme where the SS takes man responsibilities for the TE amongst other things. We really need to quit acting like the are going to play Tampa 2 short corners and deep 3 all the time. We have 2 LB that are excellent in coverage in Lee and Carter. We have 2 corners that can bump and run. Sensabaugh can man up on TE. 4-3's have taken advantage of that type of personnel groups.

I just think of Rhonde Barber and I can recall him making plays up the sideline. We can mix up coverages. Now we don't have to run 20 coverages each with multiple checks but we can mix it up.

Whether or not we do is something completely else.
  4. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

620 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    He had a few good plays this year (count on one hand) but he was owned most of the season.
    The only pass I can give him is he was very confused in the Ryan D most of the time because he was rarely in a place to make plays. When he was, he seemed to shy away from tackling with his duck and roll tackling technique. On passes he always seemed just raise his hands and look for otheres to blame.
    Please bring in a hitter!! I'm tired of him looking like a hunched over panzy who obviously hates contact.
    I want a headhunter mentality who plays with an attitude of Cliff Harris/Darren Woodson.
    Common Monty!! Show me a D that the opposition will fear to play against!!!
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,490 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    If we don't have decent safeties we will look average again. I agree we will see multiple fronts on occasion. I suspect we will see a fair amt of platooning.
  6. LarryCanadian

LarryCanadian Active Member

1,468 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Already feeling less nervous about the defensive change (I agree that the D played poorly before the majority of injuries - just nervous about a switch to 4-3 and what it means for Spencer/Ware) - IF Sensi being gone is part of the move.

Our Safety play has been an achilles heel for us for a decade, no help at all to our CB's! Church looked promising but has a long road back after his injury, which may permanently affect his newly found quickness/speed. At least Church tackled.

Sorry but Sensi had no talent for predicting or chasing down passes, and was a terrible technique tackler the majority of the time. Had a decent attitude but didn't make enough plays, and too many botched plays too.
  7. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Excellent. Wont be missed.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,301 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    If Sensy is released he will be a 3.45 million cap hit. I think it would be stupid but wouldn't be the first time Jerry does something I think is Stupid
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,231 Messages
    4,772 Likes Received
    Similar to Ratliff's contract, it appears that some of all of his 2013 base salary is guaranteed.

If his 2013 base salary is guaranteed, the cap hit to cut him would be:

2013: 4.125M (3M + 1.125M)

2014: 1.125M
  10. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,632 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    If we do change to this new D, its the most obvious need for this defense and has to be upgraded (depending on Spencer).

While I do believe Sensy would make an excellent backup, him being released should make everyone dance in the streets. With Kiffin here, our safety play becomes even more important and Sensy would make the change an absolute disaster if he stays.

Hopefully there is an ounce of truth to this report.
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I think he stays this year simply because he is going to get paid regardless. I really haven't been a fan of his play lately though. Perhaps Kiffin can find a role that he can excel in.
  12. Deep_Freeze

6,632 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I've always thought it was interesting that the same people who dog us for being around 30 on the DL don't look at Sensy being 30 next season. Nice to think about how a DB drops off at 30, especially when you consider how bad Sensy is already.

He needs to go....quickly.
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have 1-2 years left of the guy due to contract like i said pick one Free, Rat or Sensi only one of them is gone
  14. Deep_Freeze

6,632 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Well Free is definitely gone, and if we still have Sensy as I said earlier, I believe he would be a great backup with his ability to play both safety positions.

Regardless, he shouldn't be starting out there with his declining ability and age becoming an issue.
  15. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,968 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    Amen.
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    HAPPY DAYS! Good riddance. Terrible player. We really could use two new starting safeties next year.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,740 Messages
    5,147 Likes Received
    Free is for sure a goner. I think they will work things out with Ratliff. Sensy is a tough cap hit so I think we'll keep him but he'll be outplayed by someone for that starting spot. Hopefully he isn't just given that starter's role by Kiffin. The dude plays with zero fire. I would LOVE to have two young athletic hard hitting safeties back there like the seahawks.
  18. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,592 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    They're 2 years too late for Sensabaugh
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,114 Messages
    4,306 Likes Received
    OK that isn't going to happen.
  20. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member